LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: surfboard

Hybrid View

Images

surfboard

I'm about 5'7 and 135 pounds and i just bought a 5'10, I haven't rode it yet but I'm starting to wonder whether it's too small or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lbsurfer View Post
    I'm about 5'7 and 135 pounds and i just bought a 5'10, I haven't rode it yet but I'm starting to wonder whether it's too small or not.
    that's fine for you during the medium-bigger surf, but you'll need a longer board for the smaller days which make up the majority of summer.

Images
    If i weighed 135 i'd rarely anything longer than a 5'10" all summer, and would probably go shorter.

I am the exact same hirght and weight as you and I ride a 5'8 most of the time but i am now going more for my 5'10. It also depends on how wide and thick your board is, my 5'10 is a squash tail and 18.5 x 2 1/8 and floats me well.

I was at 135 about 3 years ago and i still rode a longer board. imho surfing is not about learning to ride one type of board, but rather being able to ride any board... so if the waves are smaller, i am going to take out my fish or my longboard. balance and variety

kook !!!!!