Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question about wet suites?

I just moved to Manteca, CA and was previously living in Orlando, FL. I am wondering what thikness wet suite is need out here? I will probably be going to Santa Cruz or Ocean Beach.... Any advice?

4/3 is the the most common wetsuit thickness for Santa Cruz. I'd recommend getting some booties too.
    Last edited by Creeker; Nov 8, 2010 at 04:10 PM.

5/4 winter, 4/3 summer. Hood & booties.

Gloves for the coldest months!

Depending on what type of neoprene you are using. I have a 3mm yamamoto and I'm plenty warm with water in the 50's.

Images
    Wetsuite.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by handyguy2 View Post
    5/4 winter, 4/3 summer. Hood & booties.
    Seriously? I go 5/4 oneill & patagooch R4 boots & gloves in dead feb and am toasty, yall really need a 5/4 out there???

Images
    Geoff Phillips you're on a roll brotha!

To tha OP, wet suites are way better than dry suites for the dry suites are simply no fun. You need to get it wet to have fun and in a dry suite, the wahines don't even begin to dampen.

FLY A BANNER FOR WET SUITES WITH JACUZZI/BAR

Haven't been through a full SF winter but I can't imagine a 5/4 is ever needed. Water temps don't dip below 50 and 4/3, booties, gloves and hood should be toasty enough. Been surfing the summer with various combinations of 4/3, 3/2, (no) booties depending on air and water temps. People wear strange combinations of rubber out here (e.g. 4/3, no booties + hood), so have the full array of gear and figure out your favorite outfit(s).