LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

60's Weber Longboard

I have a Solid wood 9'2 dewey weber longboard from the sixties. I was wondering if you guys think i should sell it. I dont ride it but how much do you think i could get for it?

Images
    Hell I'll give you $50 and haul it away for ya.

Images

Are you sure?

Are you sure it's wood, or just very yellow/brown foam? What's the serial number on it? If you can't find it, it's probably foam. Pics would help- what model? If it's a Harold Iggy model, then we might be able to talk.

i dont think that thing was meant to hang on a wall some where, do you have any pics.

depends - I'd say if its top condition / rare model and/or both under the best case scenario not to expect anyone to offer more than $800, more likely closer to 3-4 bills. I picked up a Dewey Weber D fin from the early 60's, needed about 2-hrs work to make it rideable/watertight, I paid $450 at Beach House in Bayhead; that was even overpriced a little bit, but it was what I wanted, so I paid it.

Images
    I got $100 on it

Images

What the heck. . .

. . . is a Weber "D" fin from the early sixties? Are you thinking of the "hatchet" fin on the Weber Performer which was out in '67?

In actuality, the original hatchet fin used the "Wonder Bolt" which backed out of the rear of the fin onto a steel ball-bearing glassed into the back of the box. Unfortunately the bearing didn't hold up and when it broke loose, you lost your fin in the water as well.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; May 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    . . . is a Weber "D" fin from the early sixties?
    I'm picturing something like this:

its the board on the bottom:

10. if you are serious about selling it please let me know. I collect old surfboards and would love this board for my collection. I have boards to trade and cash. Please let me know either way. Would give you $175 if in good condition or see what we could work out. Thanks matt