LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Yes its solid wood, the fin broke off a long time ago, and where it came out thers all wood and its green and yellow. It doesnt have a stringer, but i do need a hatchet fin to replace the old one. thers maybe 3 dings on it that are repaired, but its a really tough, heavy board. Its a cool board but if i sell it ill never see it again and its from the sixties so i cant replace it, but if im 100% sure that i want to sell it ill post another thread on it saying " 60's weber longboard for sale" or something like that but ill post photos on in a little bit.

Images
    well you guys were right, i had to take off the weak repair on the nose( i just reglassed it so now its good) and what he did is he must of painted the board then did fiberglass coats over the paint; and the stringer's like 2 inches long. but its not water logged its really thick and fiberglased massively.I thought it was wood because usually you always see the stringer and the stringer was so thick where the fin is it looked like solid wood and i couldnt see any foam under the paint so, you guy were right, its foam. but its still from the sixties.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I'm picturing something like this:

yeah its kind of like that except for its painted, but the fin was a wooden hatchet fin.

Images

Hmmmmmm. . .

Clearly not one of Dewey's better efforts. Now if you had an original Tom Blake redwood, then you'd have something.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Clearly not one of Dewey's better efforts. Now if you had an original Tom Blake redwood, then you'd have something.
    Im not going to argue with someone who was on the weber team, but its also been under my porch from 1971-2006. i kind of want to sell it so i can get another shortboard, but its a tough descision, its like one of those things that you never use it but you still want it to be there, do you get what i mean?

play some "Pet Sounds" keep it on the roof and drive down ocean highway to NSIR and ride it for a dawn season in nice rolling knee high and you will be glad you kept it. Im sure you have some cool memories of it.

Images
    I can give you more then 300 for the board, i need more pics first, allyearsurfer@yahoo.com Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmore surf View Post
    play some "Pet Sounds" keep it on the roof and drive down ocean highway to NSIR and ride it for a dawn season in nice rolling knee high and you will be glad you kept it. Im sure you have some cool memories of it.
    Man, that sounds like a fun day.

sell it to someone who will ride it not put in on their wall. I'll top the "butt" and give you $200 if it's in as good a condition as it looks.