LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    ur gunna have fun surfing ditch
    theres 2 main spots at ditch..1 directly infront/to the left of the hotel and 1 all the way down to the left by the dunes

for really good food go to the clam&chowder house and for an amazing lobster roll stop at the clam bar on montauk highway on the napeuge stretch(its on the left when driving towards montauk)

also atlantic terrace can get pretty good.. its about a mile to the right of ditch in town

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MTKSURFER View Post
    ur gunna have fun surfing ditch
    theres 2 main spots at ditch..1 directly infront/to the left of the hotel and 1 all the way down to the left by the dunes

for really good food go to the clam&chowder house and for an amazing lobster roll stop at the clam bar on montauk highway on the napeuge stretch(its on the left when driving towards montauk)

also atlantic terrace can get pretty good.. its about a mile to the right of ditch in town
    Thanks man, I'll check out those places. I love me some lobster rolls, so that clam bar sounds great. Do they rent foam boards anywhere? My wife will probably want to surf (for about 10 minutes) and I would like to rent her one of those. I can't wait for the surf and seafood

Images
    a good place to rent a board would be air&speed surfshop or plaza sports

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MTKSURFER View Post
    a good place to rent a board would be air&speed surfshop or plaza sports
    Ok thanks again!

Cool

Dave's Grill is probably the most classy restaurant in Montauk. It's expensive, but the food is worth it. The grilled quesadilla and the coconut fried shrimp are amazing. Also look for something called a "chocolate bag" on the dessert menu.
    I would recommend climbing to the top of the lighthouse at the point. It's a great sight... not something you'll soon forget. There's also a museum on the first floor.
    There are some great hiking trails between the camp hero developement and the lighthouse.
    I can't tell you anything about the surf you haven't already been told!
    Have a good time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanAtTheEnd View Post
    Dave's Grill is probably the most classy restaurant in Montauk. It's expensive, but the food is worth it. The grilled quesadilla and the coconut fried shrimp are amazing. Also look for something called a "chocolate bag" on the dessert menu.
    I would recommend climbing to the top of the lighthouse at the point. It's a great sight... not something you'll soon forget. There's also a museum on the first floor.
    There are some great hiking trails between the camp hero developement and the lighthouse.
    I can't tell you anything about the surf you haven't already been told!
    Have a good time.
    Sounds good, I will add these ideas to our list. Thanks man!

restaurant

I also remember Shagwong's restaurant being a pretty good place to eat (havent been in a while though...) - just on the right in the last strip of shops before ditch (few shops down from the bait and tackle place)

Quote Originally Posted by latedrop View Post
    I also remember Shagwong's restaurant being a pretty good place to eat (havent been in a while though...) - just on the right in the last strip of shops before ditch (few shops down from the bait and tackle place)
    Why not just eat at THU Bait 'N' Tackle????

Images
    Thanks for all the tips guys, we loved it. The town, motel, and beach were exactly what we were looking for. There were consistently waist-head high waves all weekend. We will definitely be back to Montauk!