LOGIN | REGISTER

ASC/Hague Surfboards Shaper Showcase

The ASC/Hague Surfboards Shaper Showcase

ASC is proud to host local shaper Mike Hague for a seminar on shaping surfboards for East Coast riders. This will be a great opportunity to meet a local shaper and hear about the intricacies of East Coast shaping, the relationship shapers create with surfers who ride their boards, and discuss shapes and composites.

I had the chance to score a few on a friend's Hague longboard this past weekend in DE, and it was excellent. Definitely check out this event if you get the chance!

As posted by vwSurfdad, who helped organize the event on behalf of the Annapolis Surf Club and Mike Hague, as posted on DelSurf

"A big thanks goes out to Mike Hague for an absolutely fantastic presentation. It did not matter how long you have been surfing, what you ride, or what your current surfing intellect is...Mike was able to answer every question, dispel many misconceptions, and provide the physics (in laymanís terms) related to all aspects of surfboard design and board making materials. The fact that Mike brought a huge amount of material samples, tools, and a great cross section of his boards really made the seminar top notch. It gave everyone the ability to see, touch, and feel all the aspects of board design that Mike spoke about. Anyone who missed this presentation really missed a great opportunity to learn about surfboard design and how to communicate with your shaper to create the ultimate stick.

Again, Hats off to Mike! I know where my next board is coming from!"

I will add my many thanks for Mike Hague's excellent presentation. Not only did he cover the in's and out's of board making materials and board shape considerations (rails, rocker, tails, etc.) for when, where and how you ride, Mike had excellent presentation and communication skills. Not a spicoli this one!