LOGIN | REGISTER

60 degree water?

i can go no wetsuit,swim or at the least no boots and gloves if it's really 60.
    your cape may page says it is.
    is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i can go no wetsuit,swim or at the least no boots and gloves if it's really 60.
    your cape may page says it is.
    is that accurate?
    ocmd the water temp is around high 50's to low 60's and im fine no boots or gloves, but i do use a taped 3/2.

Images
    The cape may water temp is taken from the the de bay buoy(44009), which is 20 miles off the coast. So there can be discrepencies from the temp at the beach. If you the a look at buoy data map, you can also take a look at the coastal stations around the area. We are around the upper 50s right now, so a 3/2 is perfect. No boots or gloves required.

thanks as always,swellinfo!
    hey,did i just become a senior member?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    thanks as always,swellinfo!
    hey,did i just become a senior member?
    Congrats on your status upgrade - your big time now!

if it was 60, it probably isn't anymore, at least not in VB. We just had south swell for like a week. Now the water is pretty damn cold again.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The cape may water temp is taken from the the de bay buoy(44009), which is 20 miles off the coast. So there can be discrepencies from the temp at the beach. If you the a look at buoy data map, you can also take a look at the coastal stations around the area. We are around the upper 50s right now, so a 3/2 is perfect. No boots or gloves required.
    Well im not completely sure about this but dont you think that the gulf stream could screw up your buoys, like completely change the temp?

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    Well im not completely sure about this but dont you think that the gulf stream could screw up your buoys, like completely change the temp?
    gulf stream is more than 20 miles off the coast so probably not. more likely local currents

Images
    there is no way the water is 60 degrees...... i was just in wildwood which is a few miles north of cape may and it was still cold... must be a current coming out of the bay thats giving the buoys those readings