LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318

    60 degree water?

    i can go no wetsuit,swim or at the least no boots and gloves if it's really 60.
    your cape may page says it is.
    is that accurate?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ocean Pines
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i can go no wetsuit,swim or at the least no boots and gloves if it's really 60.
    your cape may page says it is.
    is that accurate?
    ocmd the water temp is around high 50's to low 60's and im fine no boots or gloves, but i do use a taped 3/2.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    The cape may water temp is taken from the the de bay buoy(44009), which is 20 miles off the coast. So there can be discrepencies from the temp at the beach. If you the a look at buoy data map, you can also take a look at the coastal stations around the area. We are around the upper 50s right now, so a 3/2 is perfect. No boots or gloves required.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318
    thanks as always,swellinfo!
    hey,did i just become a senior member?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    thanks as always,swellinfo!
    hey,did i just become a senior member?
    Congrats on your status upgrade - your big time now!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    449
    if it was 60, it probably isn't anymore, at least not in VB. We just had south swell for like a week. Now the water is pretty damn cold again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    664
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The cape may water temp is taken from the the de bay buoy(44009), which is 20 miles off the coast. So there can be discrepencies from the temp at the beach. If you the a look at buoy data map, you can also take a look at the coastal stations around the area. We are around the upper 50s right now, so a 3/2 is perfect. No boots or gloves required.
    Well im not completely sure about this but dont you think that the gulf stream could screw up your buoys, like completely change the temp?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    Well im not completely sure about this but dont you think that the gulf stream could screw up your buoys, like completely change the temp?
    gulf stream is more than 20 miles off the coast so probably not. more likely local currents

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    76
    Images
    8
    there is no way the water is 60 degrees...... i was just in wildwood which is a few miles north of cape may and it was still cold... must be a current coming out of the bay thats giving the buoys those readings