LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Yes!!!! I saw a few people out over last weekend with just boardies. I instantly assumed they were bennies. But, you never know.

I mean it's warming up but, it still isn't warm enough for me to just go boardies.
    yes most of the time they are bennies but this past weekend someone i know who is prob one of the better surfers at the break i surf was supping in trunks and a rashguard.

then again he was SUPping so i guess it doesn t really count as much since you stay drier.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    SUPping
    What's that? Sit-up paddling?

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize the water out there was warmer. I thought deeper = colder, so how come its warmer out there?
    Gulf Stream

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Gulf Stream
    Got it, that makes sense!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize the water out there was warmer. I thought deeper = colder, so how come its warmer out there?
    deeper does = cooler. I was talking about surface temp.

But to answer your question in the tropical Atlantic, intense sunlight warms the ocean. The Gulf Stream carries this warm water north along the U.S. East Coast and then toward Europe, before it transitions into the North Atlantic Current and heads north and east.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; May 28, 2009 at 07:22 PM.

Images
    TD #1 has potential but she's moving away from the coast way to quickly. Plus we have that front that should be pushing through sometime tonight into tomorrow, which will push the TD well out into the Atlantic. Maybe it will bomb out in the North Atlantic though...Ireland anyone?