LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quoted from 1-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    The sad thing is... I am ready to get laid off, collect unemployment and have about $5k to go travel and surf. I want nothing more than to do that right now...but I have a good feeling that I will be one that DOES NOT get laid off. And to think I'm sad about that kind of makes me sick but I want to take advantage of these opportunities that could come about...

hahahh.... sorry to pull this up but remember mike... you were hoping for this...

Im posting this cause i love you bra... Keep trucking you know how i feel about it. God will figure it out, Keep keepin on.

Love,

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    This is the main problem in this country!! Everyone looks for the government to take care of them. News flash!!! big brother is broke!!!! Quit asking for handouts and find a job even it means waiting tables or something until things turn around. I hear the military is aways looking for people. Perhaps you could serve your country for a few years, in return they will train you for free in any one of several hundred job skills and pay for college afterwards.
    Agreed. One of the fastest shrinking demographics in America is people who actually pay income tax. Wait tables, bang nails, lifegaurd, etc. Just because you technically CAN take a government handout doesn't mean you have to.

i totally agree with CharlieInOc! Well said.

that is if

unemployment is not a handout news flash guys your employer had figured how much he paid in unemployment insurance into your premiums. You worked for your unemployment.

Images
    News flash, I'm not looking for any handouts. I have applied to over 15 jobs and what do you know?! I got nothing so far. I'm not trying to milk the system like others who have unemployment for a year or more. I'm just pissed I didn't get the basic 26 weeks which would help out a tremendous right now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Quoted from 1-29-09

hahahh.... sorry to pull this up but remember mike... you were hoping for this...

Im posting this cause i love you bra... Keep trucking you know how i feel about it. God will figure it out, Keep keepin on.

Love,

Drew

Doesn't matter if I wanted it or not... it still was happening.

Stop giving the guy **** for collection unemployment. Has anyone here tried to get a job here? It's impossible. Not even McDonalds is hiring. I have friends that stooped down far enough as fast food places because they were losing their houses, and guess what they still didn't get hired even with there masters degrees!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aczaplicki View Post
    Stop giving the guy **** for collection unemployment. Has anyone here tried to get a job here? It's impossible. Not even McDonald's is hiring. I have friends that stooped down far enough as fast food places because they were losing their houses, and guess what they still didn't get hired even with there masters degrees!
    Well my industry (commercial maritime) is booming and hurting for people. You don't need a college degree even though I have one and aren't afraid to be away from home for a few weeks. Another pulse is you can live anywhere in the country or out of it. This guy wanted a 5k pay out over 26 weeks to go on a surf trip? I make more than that in four weeks as a deckhand, then have four weeks off to do or go wherever I want. Who wants to work at a fast food change, unless your a high school drop-out or an illegal.
    Last edited by SeaDaddy; May 31, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

yea but the question is are you getting paid for those 4 weeks off? if no the you gota split that 5k by 8 weeks and that isnt ****.try barbering anyone who is handy can do it and its basically recession proof. and ui will give you money and pay benifits while you go to school. then just work part time at a shop. its good money too. can make anywhere from 800 to 1300 a week if you have good clientel or in a busy shop

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    News flash, I'm not looking for any handouts. I have applied to over 15 jobs and what do you know?! I got nothing so far. I'm not trying to milk the system like others who have unemployment for a year or more. I'm just pissed I didn't get the basic 26 weeks which would help out a tremendous right now.
    hope you could tell i wasn't critisizing you.