LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Bodyboard and planes

Well, im going to Puerto escondido next Feb. and i was wondering the cheapest, best, and safest way to bring my bodyboard. I always rent surfboards there but they dont rent bodyboards, and i want to do a little bodyboarding this time. So whats the best way
    ( I do not know what kind of plane im taking)

Images
    pack it in a bodyboard bag and wrap it in towels/clothes. You may get hit with an over sized bag fee depending on the airlines policy. When I left puerto I flew out of puerto vallarta on Mexicana and got hit with a fee. I negotiated the price down (they said my boards were 'professional' to which I said I wasn't a professional rider) but was still a fee I hadn't planned on paying.

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    Well, im going to Puerto escondido next Feb. and i was wondering the cheapest, best, and safest way to bring my bodyboard. I always rent surfboards there but they dont rent bodyboards, and i want to do a little bodyboarding this time. So whats the best way
    ( I do not know what kind of plane im taking)
    They do rent bodyboards. In fact I sold several for rental purposes. Just buy a bodyboard bag and use that. You should not get hit for any oversize fees and state they are boogie boards. We flew Continental in March and none of us paid and we used bodyboard coffins.

never been there but when i have gone away and brought bod boards i brought more than one whihc were placed into one board bag. i was hit with the fee going both ways each time and its a pain bc you gotta wait around for them because they wont come out the carosel for all the othes bag. no need to waist your time wrapping them theyll be fine. if you only bring one board in the bag then i doubt theyll charge you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    They do rent bodyboards. In fact I sold several for rental purposes. Just buy a bodyboard bag and use that. You should not get hit for any oversize fees and state they are boogie boards. We flew Continental in March and none of us paid and we used bodyboard coffins.
    Well first im not trying to be an A Hole, but where i go in Puerto they only rent surfboards, but im sure i could find one somewhere, and theres nothing like riding your own board

Images
    Well first im not trying to be an A Hole, but where i go in Puerto they only rent surfboards, but im sure i could find one somewhere, and theres nothing like riding your own board
    Generally when someone refers to puerto the assumption is that you will be going to playa zicatela, which has no shortage of bodyboard rentals. Granted the boards are in not so good condition.

Images

used bodyboards...

renting a used bodyboard seems really weired to me especially on a wave as technical as puerto. Im going also, to surf. AMPED.

8. When traveling I generally like to use this site:
    http://oceansource.net/airlines/

Enjoy your trip, I hope it fills you with stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    When traveling I generally like to use this site:
    http://oceansource.net/airlines/

Enjoy your trip, I hope it fills you with stoke.
    Nice layout and concept. The one to five stars (ocean waves) gives the impression some type of criteria is being used but it sure isn't clear what criteria is being used. A cursory check of British Airlines (**) and Delta (***) shows these two airlines way over-rated and outdated data. British Airlines no longer accepts surfboards and Delta's fee schedule is outrageous.

No worries, where I went they don't allow surfers...