LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to surf & car camp at Delaware Beaches

I'm returning from DC and have an extra two days/one night to hit the waves (swells willing) on my way back to Philly. Anyone have any good tips on the best place to overnight sleep in my car (I'm not interested in a motel) while I'm there? How are the cops about finding a dude crashed out for the night (but sober) in his car in a parking lot there?

Also, where are the best breaks around Lewes/Dewey/Rohoboth?

While I'm at it, instead of trying to drag my board around everywhere and keep it from getting stolen, what's a good shop for rentals there?

1. Just park in south oc on route 1 prob the middle lane and sleep in you car there... the cops are too worried about the drunk hicks there anyway... 2. most consistent break has to be bethany or rehobeth.. prob rehobeth (or henlopen) ever since there sand pumping a few years ago makes for real nice breaks!!.. 3. if your gonna surf the epic rehobeth break theres this really sick boardshop thats real cheap cause its with the outlets called pacsun try to rent from there... if not I saw this place hollister where the manicans had some sick short boards.. try it out dude good luck

hahahahahahahaha

clever

Quote Originally Posted by LVl<E View Post
    hahahahahahahaha

clever
    Ah yes, and the douchebaggery begins. what? no point break or blue crush quotes?
    Last edited by skoot1200; May 29, 2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by skoot1200 View Post
    Ah yes, and the douchebaggery begins. what? no point break or blue crush quotes?

He might as well have thrown those quotes in there because your smoking 100 percent pure grade not happening, in a sort of whimsical way entertained by kooks alone. Good luck with your Delaware "safari"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skoot1200 View Post
    I'm returning from DC and have an extra two days/one night to hit the waves (swells willing) on my way back to Philly. Anyone have any good tips on the best place to overnight sleep in my car (I'm not interested in a motel) while I'm there? How are the cops about finding a dude crashed out for the night (but sober) in his car in a parking lot there?

Also, where are the best breaks around Lewes/Dewey/Rohoboth?

While I'm at it, instead of trying to drag my board around everywhere and keep it from getting stolen, what's a good shop for rentals there?
    Here's a real answer for you. I have slept in my car in ocean city. Honestly, you wont have a problem doing this - I would shoot for North OC and find a street you want to check in the morning and you'll be fine. As far as camping, the only place to this is in Delaware is at the Indian River Inlet, which might be a good option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Here's a real answer for you. I have slept in my car in ocean city. Honestly, you wont have a problem doing this - I would shoot for North OC and find a street you want to check in the morning and you'll be fine. As far as camping, the only place to this is in Delaware is at the Indian River Inlet, which might be a good option for you.
    Thank you for a real answer. Growing up in Gulf Shores and Pensacola I'm not too picky about waves as anything is usually better than there - sans hurricanes & TS's.

The rest of you, sue me for looking to break up the monotony of driving downa shore. Kook my ass.

Where to surf & car camp at Delaware Beaches

Skoot - no shortage of wise guys to play with ya on this site - but Swellinfo gave you probably the best suggestions.(other than northside IRI - which everybody knows about), people generally won't publicise their preferred spots - but if you want a board rental, East of Maui shop in Dewey will rent you one, and probably give you a suggestion about where to check for waves (or you could go to "wannasurf" online to check for spots, but most of their info is full of hyperbole and exaggeration)

Southside river inlet/northside

would be the best place to bodyboard and northside is for surfing

Ahhh, feel the LOVE! Hey, Happy first day of Hurricane season 2009 everyone