LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: report

Hybrid View

when the report says one thing and the the radar and swell chart say something much different which one is most accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by get wet View Post
    when the report says one thing and the the radar and swell chart say something much different which one is most accurate?
    Waiting until the actual day approaches and going to the beach to look at the waves.

In my opinion...it doesn't get anymore accurate than that....

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    Waiting until the actual day approaches and going to the beach to look at the waves.

In my opinion...it doesn't get anymore accurate than that....
    No wayyyyyyyy!!!! absurd

Images
    read all the reports then go look and compare, do this everyday for a year, and you will know.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by get wet View Post
    If you trust the person giving you the report, and its near real time, then i trust that over buoy data. Who cares about radar? do you mind surfing in the rain? If the report is anonymous and might be hours old (e.g at a different tide, before the wind switched, etc.) then the report is worthless as an indication of current conditions.

If by "report" you mean "forecast", then you're trying to compare a forecast with actual data which is kind of a pointless exercise...the buoys are accurate for wherever the buoy is (buoys dont measure surf heights anyway) and radar is just precip.

ill be out saturday afternoon hopefully its decent. well ne thing is decent to sponge.. jus gota look for yourself