LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,179

    10 best surf towns in the U.S.

    Anyone else see the last issue of Surfer magazine?They had the top ten best surfing towns in the country.They based it on breaks,income,vibe and other things.Mantauk was ranked 7th and Ocean City N.J. was ranked 10th. I Surfed Ocean City Saturday before I saw this ranking. It was really good but to rank it in the top 10 in the county I thought that was generous..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    NJ doesn't have the best breaks in the country, but they got some of the best vibe. People are always stoked here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    51
    Images
    6
    where else was on the list?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    under the pier
    Posts
    324
    Va beach had to be top 3 , first street's vibe is so great and we got 17th street and Peabody's and world class waves cant beat it any where

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    NJ doesn't have the best breaks in the country, but they got some of the best vibe. People are always stoked here.
    They are? Being born and raised in NJ I think next to new york we have the ****tiest people/attitudes out of anyplace in the US. Compared to the west coast the east cost is a totally different vibe and mind set. People are deff more mellow out west.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,364
    a lot of angry surfers in nj.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    Va beach had to be top 3 , first street's vibe is so great and we got 17th street and Peabody's and world class waves cant beat it any where
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but no ,VB did not make the list. The East Coast towns were: KDH(NC), Montauk, Ocean City (NJ), and New Smyrna Beach FL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    NJ doesn't have the best breaks in the country, but they got some of the best vibe. People are always stoked here.
    Ocean City, NJ does have a good vibe.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin MD
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but no ,VB did not make the list.
    Wha? VB not top 10? Cancel my subscription immediately!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    They are? Being born and raised in NJ I think next to new york we have the ****tiest people/attitudes out of anyplace in the US. Compared to the west coast the east cost is a totally different vibe and mind set. People are deff more mellow out west.
    Doesn't mean that people aren't stoked every time there are waves