LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

10 best surf towns in the U.S.

Anyone else see the last issue of Surfer magazine?They had the top ten best surfing towns in the country.They based it on breaks,income,vibe and other things.Mantauk was ranked 7th and Ocean City N.J. was ranked 10th. I Surfed Ocean City Saturday before I saw this ranking. It was really good but to rank it in the top 10 in the county I thought that was generous..

Images
    NJ doesn't have the best breaks in the country, but they got some of the best vibe. People are always stoked here.

Images
    where else was on the list?

Va beach had to be top 3 , first street's vibe is so great and we got 17th street and Peabody's and world class waves cant beat it any where

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    NJ doesn't have the best breaks in the country, but they got some of the best vibe. People are always stoked here.
    They are? Being born and raised in NJ I think next to new york we have the ****tiest people/attitudes out of anyplace in the US. Compared to the west coast the east cost is a totally different vibe and mind set. People are deff more mellow out west.

a lot of angry surfers in nj.

Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    Va beach had to be top 3 , first street's vibe is so great and we got 17th street and Peabody's and world class waves cant beat it any where
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but no ,VB did not make the list. The East Coast towns were: KDH(NC), Montauk, Ocean City (NJ), and New Smyrna Beach FL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Ocean City, NJ does have a good vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but no ,VB did not make the list.
    Wha? VB not top 10? Cancel my subscription immediately!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    They are? Being born and raised in NJ I think next to new york we have the ****tiest people/attitudes out of anyplace in the US. Compared to the west coast the east cost is a totally different vibe and mind set. People are deff more mellow out west.
    Doesn't mean that people aren't stoked every time there are waves