LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

surfing no wet suit??

So the past 2 days i have surfed all 6 or 7 sessions no wetsuit and its june? All i can say is that i am so stoked that finally warm water is here. i was wearing a wet suit in july last summer. So amen to summer finally being here!!

+1
    cheers to trunkin' it

Images
    i agree! last year cold water was here late...

cheers brothas. last august i was in a 3/2 some dawn patrols

dont forget we've had a nice little N/NE wind the last few days...its not totally trunkable yet..

Images
    dawn patrol=wetsuits for now

Quote Originally Posted by lostintubes View Post
    So the past 2 days i have surfed all 6 or 7 sessions no wetsuit and its june? All i can say is that i am so stoked that finally warm water is here. i was wearing a wet suit in july last summer. So amen to summer finally being here!!

6 or 7 sessions in 2 days? What, have you been surfing for a hour a session or something? and 58 deg water in NJ is not even close to trunk able unless you are 400 pounds or doing those one hour sessions .

yeah sat morning i did 5 hours (5 am to 10) at cape May and it was 3/2 for sure. In the afternoon with blazing sun I wore my 2mm ss fullsuit and was comfy. not sure about trunking it tho.

delaware is 64degrees with the air at 80 degrees, trunks work fine

Its all relative to how your cold tolerance level is (everyone is different) vs. how much you hate wresling in and out of your wetsuit vs. how much of a tough-guy personna you want to demonstrate to others. Personally, I'm a wuss and don't care what others think and hate being cold, so I wear a wetsuit for any dawn patrol all summer long (actually I really need to buy a new springsuit shorty but my full suit still feels better than trunking it). I'll trunk it when water temps are above 70 + sunny/hot afternoons....so that's like around a 4 week window each year at best! I still prefer the rubber barrier though as it keeps the bumps, bruises, scraps, cuts, rashes, jellyfish stings, sore ribs etc. reduced as well. I'm a freak (kook if you wish) and actually am probably one of the few surfers whom prefer wearing rubber on the feet over bare feet.