LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    Nosara is such a weak wave, it can be twice that size and not be as powerful as a few feet over head in OC, MD. It can be a fun wave but has to be at least several feet overhead to be any fun, unless you like longboarding.
    your a fool, thats why people traval from all over the world to surf oc right? nosara is not as heavy as hermosa or marbella but still a very ripable and hallow wave on the right tide, swell angle and swell period www.surfingnosara.com check out the daily swell reports
    Last edited by c3boardwerks; Jun 9, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    Nosara is such a weak wave, it can be twice that size and not be as powerful as a few feet over head in OC, MD. It can be a fun wave but has to be at least several feet overhead to be any fun, unless you like longboarding.
    Pura Vida Hermano! Finally a gringo who understands, I grew up in Dominical surfing those puta 12' footers in the morning then moved up North to Nosara which is really for Nicaraguan women who can't swim. Finalamente I came to Maryland and realized what surfing was all about. Boardwalks, Cold Water, funnel cakes and ten days of surf a year are what ducle suenos are made off. Now I work in Kitchen at night, an exploited lawn worker by day so I can afford my one room palacio, but it's all worth it, I get to surf Ocean City Maryland when the lifeguards say it's okay too. Thank you for understanding my plight Hermano

Miguelito

Images
    15' Praia de Nazare Portugal. Passed on the 25-30 ft perfect praia do norte on the otherside of the cliff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Db2k5 View Post
    15' Praia de Nazare Portugal. Passed on the 25-30 ft perfect praia do norte on the otherside of the cliff though.
    seemed like 15 feet layin on ur boogie board ya homo

head to 1-2 overhead

a buck three eighty

Images
    1-3 feet over head on 9/1/08
    not sure what hurricane it was but it was blowing like 30 kts offshore
    best waves ive ever surfed tho

2-3 feet overhead in jersey and obx

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    I have been surfing in delaware my whole life. i never saw iri double over head.
    I agree ..neither side of IRI holds that kind of size. Anything more than a couple feet overhead and NS starts washing out and folding over at random. Ernesto on Saturday obviously overloaded OC so everyone headed North. IRI looked to me to be a few feet overhead and not especially organized..other jetties in Delaware were better that afternoon.

2 to 3 OH is good. beyond that it's scary.