LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: summer board

Hybrid View

summer board

i was thinking about gettin a 7' mini longboard to mess around with in small surf... im 5'7" and weigh about 150 just wondering if this was a good thing to try and get for those small days... i dont know too much about longboards so any opinions would help. thanks

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    that sounds right. as i have a 7 6 and im 5'10 tall but only weigh like 125.

Images
    Just get the full-size thing so you can cross-step and nose-ride. It's sooo much fun. It's a different kind of surfing but sufficiently keeps you stoked on small days.

I ride my 7'0 rusty fun shape on small days and even up to chest high, good times and different more relaxed type of surfing. That's why building up quivers are great, can test boards out depending on conditions and what you feel like riding or stoke that day.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Just get the full-size thing so you can cross-step and nose-ride. It's sooo much fun. It's a different kind of surfing but sufficiently keeps you stoked on small days.
    leddy when did you go surfing today? i went in the afternoon from like 1 -4 and it was fun on the funboard. down at the south end.

Images
    get a 9 foot long board, those things are the funnest, and for small waves you would have lots of fun, but ive actually never ridden a 7 ft board 5'5 the smallest and 9'4 the longest. try out some of your friends boards and see what you like, but remember every board is different so there not going to ride the same