LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Outer Banks swell Thursday-Sat?

Why is the forecast for Outer Banks fairly small when there's still a low right off the coast wed-fri?

Images
    Im wondering the same for Jerz-Mon County for Sat?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    and whys it the same scenario for wb?

Ya... What the hell!! This morning you were predicing head high perfection in nags head on friday, now for waist high on thursday??? I knew I shouldn't have gotten excited!!

Images
    hey, you guys wanted a 7 day forecast!! thats what happens when you try to forecast east coast surf 7 days out.

But, actually, I think there is a lot of potential in this upcoming system. Keep an eye on the updates.

Remember, the wave maps are updated 4 times per day, while the forecast is only updated twice. So, that is why sometimes there are some conflict between the two.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    hey, you guys wanted a 7 day forecast!! thats what happens when you try to forecast east coast surf 7 days out.

But, actually, I think there is a lot of potential in this upcoming system. Keep an eye on the updates.

Remember, the wave maps are updated 4 times per day, while the forecast is only updated twice. So, that is why sometimes there are some conflict between the two.
    Well, I'm heading up to the Banks this thursday, and even if it's Waist-High and Gassy, it'll be a lot better than what Wrightsville will get... but I'm gonna pray that the low gives off some nice waves

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Well, I'm heading up to the Banks this thursday, and even if it's Waist-High and Gassy, it'll be a lot better than what Wrightsville will get... but I'm gonna pray that the low gives off some nice waves
    Ok, (I know, I quoted myself), I just saw the Updated forecast and it's almost like it previously was...

watch it be that Swellinfo is just updating all the maps to makes us excited and lure us away from the "real" spot! Nah, he wouldn't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    hey, you guys wanted a 7 day forecast!! thats what happens when you try to forecast east coast surf 7 days out..

Hahaha... I I know Micha, My Dang...
    Last edited by BonerSurfs; Jun 15, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Ok, (I know, I quoted myself), I just saw the Updated forecast and it's almost like it previously was...

watch it be that Swellinfo is just updating all the maps to makes us excited and lure us away from the "real" spot! Nah, he wouldn't do that!
    I dunno, as of yesterday I thought I was gonna drive to MD to surf.... facepalm