LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout Routine

Hybrid View

Images

Workout Routine

I know there have been threads before about working out and routines, but could not find them so I'm starting this one.

I started doing this type of workout called Crossfit. You can check it out at www.crossfit.com

I did yesterday's workout of the day (WOD) today:

W/U - 5 minute 100rpm+ on level 10 stationary bike

3 rounds for time of:
    50 Squats
    35 pull ups
    35 dips
    95# Hang power cleans, 10 reps

Time: 24 minutes

I did sets of 3 for the pull ups and dips. The middle towards the end of rounds 2 and 3, I started slacking with the pull ups but managed to get them.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i just got o the gym and bench some percentages of my max and do a upper body workout. i would do a lower body workout but i cant as my pt and orthopedic feel its not safe to lift in my leg since i dislocated it a few months ago and im strenghtening up the muscles that hold the knee in place.

house is outside rehoboth, DE (millsboro). unfortunately i can only make it there in august
    Images
    do you knock out all those pullups in a row? or do you do them in sets to get up to 35 total (35 in a row is impressive, especially with an overhand grip)...i max out near 20-22ish but im pulling 6'4" 205 lbs upward with no weight strapped to me...

im not too into the high rep workouts. we do circuit training thorugh the months of september/october and that is god awful. i usually throw up at least once during those workouts because theyre so brutal...in season workouts for me usually consist of 3 sets of 8...as i start to rest at the end of season it becomes 3 sets of 6 with more weight to increase power....pullups are done in sets of 8 but with 45+ pounds strapped to my waist, dips with around 25 pounds around my waist...i do 4 workouts a week, 2 upper body workouts and 2 lower body workouts...example:

upper 1 (monday): 3x8 bench, 3x8 pulldown, 2x10 straight arm pulldown, 3x8 weighted pullups, scapula work, rotator cuff work with resistance bands....ab work

lower 1 (tuesday): 10 box jumps, 3x8 squat, 2x10 leg curl, 10 ham drops, 1x12 weighted lunges, 20 calf raises...ab work

upper 2 (thursday): 3x8 incline bench, 3x8 row, 2x10 upright row, 3x8 weighted dips, rotator cuff work with resistance bands....ab work

lower 2 (friday): 5 minute stationary bike ride, 3x8 dead lift, 2x10 leg extension, 1x10 leg abduction, 1x10 leg adduction...ab work

those are my in season weight workouts....accompanied by two 2 hours practices a day, and a 3 hour practice saturday, with sunday off... wednesday is just one 2 hour practice
    Last edited by IsurfwhenIcan; Jun 16, 2009 at 12:24 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IsurfwhenIcan View Post
    do you knock out all those pullups in a row? or do you do them in sets to get up to 35 total (35 in a row is pretty impressive, especially with an overhand grip)
    No, I did 3 pull ups then 3 dips and continued up to 35. But I was not doing strict pull-ups aka dead hang. I was kipping.

house is outside rehoboth, DE (millsboro). unfortunately i can only make it there in august
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    No, I did 3 pull ups then 3 dips and continued up to 35. But I was not doing strict pull-ups aka dead hang. I was kipping.
    kipping is legal in the marines. dead hang is better but dont sell yourself short for kipping. keep workin it and youll be able to do it dead hang

Images
    kipping is legal in the marines. dead hang is better but dont sell yourself short for kipping. keep workin it and youll be able to do it dead hang
    I do kipping because that is what the CF workout calls for unless noted. Or if you want to do dead hang. And I can do dead hang pull ups. Just not 35 of them with the rest of the workout I posted plus 3 rounds of it.

do you knock out all those pullups in a row? or do you do them in sets to get up to 35 total (35 in a row is impressive, especially with an overhand grip)...i max out near 20-22ish but im pulling 6'4" 205 lbs upward with no weight strapped to me...

im not too into the high rep workouts. we do circuit training thorugh the months of september/october and that is god awful. i usually throw up at least once during those workouts because theyre so brutal...in season workouts for me usually consist of 3 sets of 8...as i start to rest at the end of season it becomes 3 sets of 6 with more weight to increase power....pullups are done in sets of 8 but with 45+ pounds strapped to my waist, dips with around 25 pounds around my waist...i do 4 workouts a week, 2 upper body workouts and 2 lower body workouts...example:

upper 1 (monday): 3x8 bench, 3x8 pulldown, 2x10 straight arm pulldown, 3x8 weighted pullups, scapula work, rotator cuff work with resistance bands....ab work

lower 1 (tuesday): 10 box jumps, 3x8 squat, 2x10 leg curl, 10 ham drops, 1x12 weighted lunges, 20 calf raises...ab work

upper 2 (thursday): 3x8 incline bench, 3x8 row, 2x10 upright row, 3x8 weighted dips, rotator cuff work with resistance bands....ab work

lower 2 (friday): 5 minute stationary bike ride, 3x8 dead lift, 2x10 leg extension, 1x10 leg abduction, 1x10 leg adduction...ab work

those are my in season weight workouts....accompanied by two 2 hours practices a day, and a 3 hour practice saturday, with sunday off... wednesday is just one 2 hour practice
    What sport is this for?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    What sport is this for?
    im gonna say football.

I was in from '92-98 (0351) they made kipping illegal in '95 or so, I went from 20 with ease to barely 10, but I worked at it and within 8 weeks I was back up to 20 (then again I was 24)

I'll post my basic workout tomorrow if I have time

Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    What sport is this for?
    Power badminton.