LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

'the one' surf skim bodyboard

Heres its page on catchsurf http://www.catchsurf.com/surfboards/...&products_id=1

and heres a video of it being used by billy bryan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-0ibLZrgg

Hey just seeing if anyone has this board or any opinions on how you will think it will actually ride for stand up.. Im thinking bout buying it with my next paycheck so I could actually surf when the lifeguards are up cause it is soft and finless (think in oc theyll let it go).

Images
    Breakers in Bethany will let you demo one for free. Bethany lifeguards allow it.

Mikey, just buy it.

Images
    it doesn't look like a good bodyboard, but it looks real fun for surfing when lifeguards are on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Breakers in Bethany will let you demo one for free. Bethany lifeguards allow it.
    you try it out yet?

have to give liscense to them to try it and it is not possible to stand up and make anything in bethany lately

cept out front right now if you cant get a wave right now welll........................

Images
    not sure about that board but the Toobs Herlihy is sick for stand up and skimming, not to mention the triple stringer is strong as hell

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sosodel View Post
    you try it out yet?
    Naaa. Not really interested in a standup specific board. I have seen people try it though and it looks alright. I would say demo it but as you and i both know...thats not possible in b-town right now.

I guess if you want to surf around and crash into alot of summer tourists then this is your best option. Otherwise, I don't see the point. I guess its relatively inexpensive <$300 and might be a nice beginner surfing option for a 12-13 year old to cut their teeth on. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense, because its alot less intimidating to handle for someone who never surfed to buy this and try to see what they can do on it. I see alot of wealthy teen-age and pre-teen boys (and girls) making their rich daddies pick one up on a summer vacati and ride it a few times and then have it sit in their garage for decades.
    Last edited by RobfromFredneck; Jun 18, 2009 at 12:13 AM.