LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shark siting

shark siting

so i just came back from belmar a few hours ago.....saw a big ass shark around 12th ave. my buddy told me he saw it and he was paddling back in really fast, i thought he just saw a dolphin until i saw a huge dorsal fin and tail sticking out of the water. it was like 50 yards away, it had to be at least 10 ft long. had to cut a good session short. first time seeing one in all these years. I knew it would happen someday. Still kinda shocked.

been there, last september obx dawn session out by myself. i thought i was going to be all tough when it happened, but no. i was 20ft from the one i spotted, it was kinda freaky

Glad you guys are ok, if it was Whitey in NorCal, he would of come from beneath, you wouldn't have seen him, then WHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by ECkneelo View Post
    then WHAM!
    wham of course is shark for snaking you on the most epic wave of the day, some one has to teach them courtesy

That was you?

shark

dude i was surfing yesterday at little monmouth and i felt something under my foot and i kicked it i was flipping out hhaa

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECkneelo View Post
    Glad you guys are ok, if it was Whitey in NorCal, he would of come from beneath, you wouldn't have seen him, then WHAM!
    hey them whiteys breed off the coast of nj, a kid got bit by a 6ft juvinile in LBI about 3 years ago on the calf, he was fine

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    That was you?
    hahahaha yes!! ftw

Quote Originally Posted by frylock89 View Post
    hey them whiteys breed off the coast of nj, a kid got bit by a 6ft juvinile in LBI about 3 years ago on the calf, he was fine
    NJ has nothing on the whiteys in Cali man. If there's an attack here the outcome wont be fine no doubt about it. Just last week a large white shark (12'+) was spotted outside one of the famous beachies here, yesterday 3 dead seals on the beach before my session. Its shady...

it was prob a threasher shark no need to be worried