LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shark siting

Images
    sharks are scary every time. last year in san diego that swimmer got eaten by an 18 foot whitie at fletches cove.

there is mostly one kind round these parts. fatal.

I've been surfing on the cliffs when guys in the lineup said there was a 14 footer below. I went in fast as ****.

I surfed with about 15 6to 8 foot leapard sharks. I was real scared at first. butme and my friend stayed out in their school in thelineup. leapards are bottom feeders and have to eat from above, so it was no threat. but even the 6 footers had me trippin.

the east coast is much sharkier.. but calis fish are usually really ****ing big. really ****ing fatal

supposedly, the deep water channel that makes blacks go off;is a huge seasonal great white breeding area. couple thousand ft deep;ight off shore.

I've had dolphins sneak up on meat blacks and scare the **** outta me. u can feel the cold deep water right past the lineuprytime u surf there.
    Last edited by zach619; Jun 22, 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Images
    When I was out there a couple of half eaten seals washed up at Blacks one year. There are also some large kelp beds offshore from La Jolla that they like stop at to grab a snack, its there version of a Roberto's.

Last year at Buxton, I was out by myself and a spinner shark about 4 yards away jumped out of the water I slowly paddled back to shore, the next afternoon I was sitting waiting for a wave, and another spinner shark did the same exact thing.

Going out to surf Frisco one morning and I see like ten of these sharks washed up on shore with there fins cut off. Fins fetch good money for the Asian markets apparently, but seems wrong to toss the entire body like that...Bad Karma sharkies, just know it wasn't me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davincimoon View Post
    Going out to surf Frisco one morning and I see like ten of these sharks washed up on shore with there fins cut off. Fins fetch good money for the Asian markets apparently, but seems wrong to toss the entire body like that...Bad Karma sharkies, just know it wasn't me
    damn dude those ****ing asians keep screwing up everything.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    damn dude those ****ing asians keep screwing up everything.
    i know thats so mean even if the sharks kill people everyone have to realize we are in their territory.so let them be.
    Last edited by wbsurfer; Jun 26, 2009 at 01:36 AM.

Yeah its been a little sharky this summer. I have seen several of them. A few good size brown sharks and some baby thrashers. Their is a few spots in OC where they been hanging around...

Last edited by jGray; Jun 26, 2009 at 02:48 AM.

this baby Mako washed up near Asbury Pk earlier this spring

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9135/1000219.jpg

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i feel sorry for all of these sharks that are either getting their fins cut off by the asians or being killed due to eatng a person. but has anyone seen that show on animal planet called whale wars? that show is srazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jGray View Post
    Yeah its been a little sharky this summer. I have seen several of them. A few good size brown sharks and some baby thrashers. Their is a few spots in OC where they been hanging around...

OCMD or OCNJ??