LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wax question

Images
    How 'bout we all post pics of our wax jobs?

Images
    May I?

columbia SC, and i go to holden beach NC alot
    wow i looked up lots of how tos, but that has to be the best job i have seen so far. could you post a video of you doing that please?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by radripperaj View Post
    wow i looked up lots of how tos, but that has to be the best job i have seen so far. could you post a video of you doing that please?
    Thanks, I could post a video, but It wouldn't be till I wax the board again.

The trick is patience, after you get a good bottom layer stuck to the board, just keep rubbing the wax lightly in different directions. I use a "grid pattern" by rubbing wax horizontally all along the board, then vertically.

If you rub too hard, it will flatten out any bumps that are trying form, just remember it takes a while for bumps to form.

After that, I just rub on sticky bumps wax or whatever else I can find that's good and sticky (you don't need that much, just a good top sticky layer - you'll put on a new layer every time you go out, it's sorta temporary)

columbia SC, and i go to holden beach NC alot
    ok well i have a basecoat bar and then a warm tropical bar. so should i make the bumps with the basecoat bar and then put a thin coating of warm tropical over that? or should i just put a thin layer of basecoat on and then make the bumps using the warm tropical bar?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by radripperaj View Post
    ok well i have a basecoat bar and then a warm tropical bar. so should i make the bumps with the basecoat bar and then put a thin coating of warm tropical over that? or should i just put a thin layer of basecoat on and then make the bumps using the warm tropical bar?
    I like to make the bumps with the base coat, because it holds up better, and then the top, sticky coat is relatively thinner.

Question Question on wax - off the topic

Sticky Bumps makes a surf board and bodyboard wax.

Is there a difference or just a BS marketing ploy?

BTW: Ledzep, amazing wax job. You should do a video on swellinfo tutorials.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    Sticky Bumps makes a surf board and bodyboard wax.

Is there a difference or just a BS marketing ploy?

BTW: Ledzep, amazing wax job. You should do a video on swellinfo tutorials.
    Thanks, I'm uploading a youtube video for this, should be coming up soon.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0p10yoGNSg
    Last edited by ledzepfreak; Jul 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

I use sticky bumps base coat, and then a top coat. I've use sticky bumps for years, but recently have been trying Magma and it has been working really well.

I second that palmers is definitely the way to go. All that other stuff is crap. Palmers can be tough to find around here for some reason though.