LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What waves frighten you?

Chopes, Shipsterns, Mavericks, Cortes, Cyclops

Why?
    Aside from all of the above having gigantic size, the lip of Chopes is terrifying, Shipsterns is ugly and cold with a weird bump on the face, Mavericks is sharkey and cold, Cortes is too far out, and Cyclops breaks on 6 inches of water.

Images
    I'm never gonna surf any of them, so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about an east coast shore break doubling up on a head high day.

Images
    I wouldnt go in any either, especially cyclops, those waves are so freaking thick!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    I'm never gonna surf any of them, so I'm not worried. I'm more worried about an east coast shore break doubling up on a head high day.
    same here, back breaking material right there

Images
    I don't know about you, but I gotta surf Mavericks, and Teahupoo at least once

Don't forget, that Outer banks can get huge too, and that's practically in our backyards.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I don't know about you, but I gotta surf Mavericks, and Teahupoo at least once

Don't forget, that Outer banks can get huge too, and that's practically in our backyards.
    Agreed, that surf gets HUGE from time to time. Yeah and I won't be riding any of those breaks...not good enough, don't wanna die lol

ghost trees anyone?

I would take water shots at any of them, but not Dungeons. It's in South Africa, same kind of crazy wave as the rest, but talk about Sharky.

i second that

Quote Originally Posted by StuckinVA View Post
    Chopes, Shipsterns, Mavericks, Cortes, Cyclops

Why?
    Aside from all of the above having gigantic size, the lip of Chopes is terrifying, Shipsterns is ugly and cold with a weird bump on the face, Mavericks is sharkey and cold, Cortes is too far out, and Cyclops breaks on 6 inches of water.
    Where's Bethany Beach and OCMD on this list?????