LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone been to Australia??

Im heading to Australia next semester and I am staying on the Gold coast, right down the road from burleigh. Anyone have any experience there? Im trying to get a feel for wave consistency (as compared to NJ), crowd factor, spots besides the big name ones...

On a side note, i need to sell some of these boards to get some money for the trip. if you see any you like feel free to message me and we will bang out a price.

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/1243077719.html

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/1243107834.html

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/1243110513.html

Im heading to Australia next semester and I am staying on the Gold coast, right down the road from burleigh........Im trying to get a feel for wave consistency (as compared to NJ)
    That can't be a serious question.

If you can tolerate the crowds, beautiful women, copious amounts of alcohol, and hearing complete sentences in english, but taken to a level of incomprehension due to excessive use of nicknames and foreign slang, be prepared to never want to step foot back in the USA.

**** i was really afraid of that answer being the case

Images
    i take it you'll be at bond university? Definitely buy a car when you are there...sept-dec is offseason for the gold coast though, is that when you're going? Jan-April is really the season...

yeah i know its the offseason, im a senior so i didnt really have a choice on semesters to go... any ideas on where to get a ****ty car/ how much they cost?

I was there in June last year...it is crowded but very friendly and lots of waves> I went up to the sunshine coast and surfed overhead noosa for a week...the most beautiful spot and wave I have surfed> when small is just a longboard wave, but worth going

enjoy mate, you'll like it

Images
    I almost went to Bond this semester.

jellys

Just watch out for those microscopic jellyfish from the discovery channel that are 100 times more venomous than snakes. I heard they net off most of the areas but I'd definitely wimp out. I made a promise to myself a few years ago to never surf australia, but if i was living there I probably wouldnt be able to help myself. Have a good time

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricbanana69 View Post
    Just watch out for those microscopic jellyfish from the discovery channel that are 100 times more venomous than snakes. I heard they net off most of the areas but I'd definitely wimp out. I made a promise to myself a few years ago to never surf australia, but if i was living there I probably wouldnt be able to help myself. Have a good time
    i agree, but when your afraid of something its going to happen, but jellys piss me off !

Jellys suck. I'm sure they must serve some type of purpose but have yet to know what. I think sharks feed on them, right? oh well. Portugese manowars really suck too.