LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: surf fins stuck

Hybrid View

Northender Guest

surf fins stuck

I just bought a 5'9 quad nugget from wrv today. its great and swick but the middle/back fins wont fit in. They are futures what should i do????

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Northender View Post
    I just bought a 5'9 quad nugget from wrv today. its great and swick but the middle/back fins wont fit in. They are futures what should i do????

If it's the fins, contact Future and maybe you can sort it out with customer service.

make sure theres no extra glass or resin hanging over in the top edges of the fin box....if there is take a razor and gently scrape the inside edges of the boxes until the fins go it....i had to do this once.

Images
    I've had the same problem... There's two different base depths. I didn't feel like going back to the shop, so i took a table saw a shaved 1/8" off the bottom. The shop should help you out though.

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    I've had the same problem... There's two different base depths. I didn't feel like going back to the shop, so i took a table saw a shaved 1/8" off the bottom. The shop should help you out though.
    ya im pretty sure thats what is wrong with mine, im going to take it back tommorow

dont be a mo just sand the fins a little you a woman or a man if you are a woman I will sand them if you are a man go ahead sack up and do them your self.

I always get this problem with futures. But it is not that the fins wont fit they are just really hard to get them into the box. I discovered soap and the fins slide right in now with no problems and they also come out easy also.