LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surf fins stuck

Northender Guest

surf fins stuck

I just bought a 5'9 quad nugget from wrv today. its great and swick but the middle/back fins wont fit in. They are futures what should i do????

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Northender View Post
    I just bought a 5'9 quad nugget from wrv today. its great and swick but the middle/back fins wont fit in. They are futures what should i do????

If it's the fins, contact Future and maybe you can sort it out with customer service.

make sure theres no extra glass or resin hanging over in the top edges of the fin box....if there is take a razor and gently scrape the inside edges of the boxes until the fins go it....i had to do this once.

Images
    I've had the same problem... There's two different base depths. I didn't feel like going back to the shop, so i took a table saw a shaved 1/8" off the bottom. The shop should help you out though.

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    I've had the same problem... There's two different base depths. I didn't feel like going back to the shop, so i took a table saw a shaved 1/8" off the bottom. The shop should help you out though.
    ya im pretty sure thats what is wrong with mine, im going to take it back tommorow

dont be a mo just sand the fins a little you a woman or a man if you are a woman I will sand them if you are a man go ahead sack up and do them your self.

Look closely at the rear boxes if they have X's in the front near the grub screw you need the 1/2 base rears. Did they sell you the fins with the board?

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by myxamatosis View Post
    Look closely at the rear boxes if they have X's in the front near the grub screw you need the 1/2 base rears. Did they sell you the fins with the board?
    the back ones have x's and the front ones have f's and the fins they gave me did not come with the board but they are crappy 25 dollar fins but 2 of them are big and 2 of them are small. doess it matter if the front ones go in the back or the front?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Northender View Post
    the back ones have x's and the front ones have f's and the fins they gave me did not come with the board but they are crappy 25 dollar fins but 2 of them are big and 2 of them are small. doess it matter if the front ones go in the back or the front?
    big ones go in front small ones go in back im pretty sure

The bigger ones go in the front and you need to buy a quad specific set with the 1/2" rears. Support your local shop if they have what you want or they can special order it if they are willing. If you dont have shops close by try ebay.
    Last edited by myxamatosis; Jul 1, 2009 at 01:31 PM.