LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19

    A warm, good wetsuit for cheap?

    I'm looking for a good 4/3 that I can get that'll keep me warm from December through March. I'm still growing, so that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. Any good brands? I know that Billabong and Hyperflex make cheap suits... any others?

    I'm looking at the Hyperflex Amp, does anyone know anything 'bout this suit?
    Last edited by ledzepfreak; Jul 1, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I'm looking for a good 4/3 that I can get that'll keep me warm from December through March. I'm still growing, so that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. Any good brands? I know that Billabong and Hyperflex make cheap suits... any others?

    I'm looking at the Hyperflex Amp, does anyone know anything 'bout this suit?
    dude ill sell u 1 of my billabong foil. both are 4/3. i have a xs and a medium. and for either 1 ill sell for like 75 plus ill throw in some size 10 booties.

  3. #3
    i have a 3/2 foil but i would look at some Body Glove wetsuits. they will not run as high as a rip curl but they are decent. the foil is nice for the price and it is pretty warm. today on Whiskey there was an Xcel for $154 unluckly i didnt have a credit card handy at the time. i was actually thinking about getting the hyperflex flow hooded. But summer is a good time to look for suits

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    i have a 3/2 foil but i would look at some Body Glove wetsuits. they will not run as high as a rip curl but they are decent. the foil is nice for the price and it is pretty warm. today on Whiskey there was an Xcel for $154 unluckly i didnt have a credit card handy at the time. i was actually thinking about getting the hyperflex flow hooded. But summer is a good time to look for suits
    Yeah, last year I got a deal on a year-old (new) 3/2 Rip Curl for $150, but this year I want something a little warmer . But I Want to be able to try on any possible buys and I don't think any shops by me carry Body Glove. Most around here carry Rip Curl, Billabong, and O'Neill, maybe Hyperflex and maybe Matuse. But Billabong is the cheapest one out of them...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    dude ill sell u 1 of my billabong foil. both are 4/3. i have a xs and a medium. and for either 1 ill sell for like 75 plus ill throw in some size 10 booties.
    Size 10 is too small for me bro.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Size 10 is too small for me bro.
    dont worry about the boots. if u wanna see 1 of my suits let me know.

  7. #7
    If you're buying new, Hyperflex is probably the best bang for buck wetsuit out there. I bought a 4/3 Hyperflex Flow back in early April and it kept me plenty warm in 52 degree water (and I get cold easily). I would guess it would keep anyone warm down into the mid-high 40 degree waters with decent boots, gloves etc. If your a tough guy, I would guess it could be used all winter.

    Cost me only $189 new.

    Their top end "AMP" model will cost you an extra $60, but will probably keep you a little warmer in the winter as well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    544
    Images
    2
    Oneil Heat 4/3 has been my suit for the past 2 winters in Monmouth County. Reasonable price, nice stretch/flex and plenty warm!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Posts
    559
    ledzep, since I know you're located in wrightsville beach, I'll give you this advice. Wait til february when surf city has their big sale. You can get unreal prices on good suits then. I got a 4/3 oneill heat three or four years ago for like 120, brand new. Its an amazing suit as well, surfed in it alot for three winters and its still in great condition. That's what I'd do.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    740
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    ledzep, since I know you're located in wrightsville beach, I'll give you this advice. Wait til february when surf city has their big sale. You can get unreal prices on good suits then. I got a 4/3 oneill heat three or four years ago for like 120, brand new. Its an amazing suit as well, surfed in it alot for three winters and its still in great condition. That's what I'd do.
    But I sorta need something that I can wear this winter