LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

crack along stringer

i bought a new board last week and surfed it for one session. and i noticed that i had a 2 inch crack from a pressure dent running along the stringer. has this ever happened to anyone else? and any tip on what i shpuld do . cuz this has never happened to any boards i own

dude i have had that happen to 2 boards it seems impossible to repair i have tried everything i cut a 1ft x 1ft square into the deck and patched its that held up for a month,but since its right in the middle of the deck its never a permit fix, and if you let it got you end up with a super long crack and a waterlogged board go have it professional repaired im sure theres some trick to it cause it happens all the time or so it seems

do you hop on your board really heavy? a new board should not have this problem that's for sure.

was it a wrv by any chance?

Images
    yeah im planning on getting it professionally done. because i tried to do a quick patch myself with ding all quick stick that i had laying around but that didnt hold it and it got even bigger. im like 190 so i guess i get up pretty heavy, but theres no reason for it to split so easy. im guessing its weak glassing. and its not a wrv, its a channel islands fishcut.

both the boards i have with a cracked stringer are WRV's

Images
    that sucks man i have a wrv bat tail quad and i havent had problems with that board yet

we see this often with lightly glassed boards. no brand is immune from it. get a professional to fix it.

I don't know what the laws are in Jersey, but if that was a brand new board I would be taking it back and demanding a replacement or a refund.

The Uniform Commercial Code says that all consumer goods have an implied warranty of merchantability. Simply put, when you buy something there is an implied warranty that it will do what it is supposed to do.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...plied+Warranty

Since a surfboard is designed to be ridden while standing up, it should be able to withstand someone standing up on it without breaking, especially when it is brand spanking new.

Images
    yeah i e-mailed channel islands and they told me to take picture of it and send it to them . and then take it back to the shop so the manager can take a look at it for them. so hopefully ill be getting a new stick, but if not i guess i can just get it patched and hope it doesnt spread further