LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Heaviest, hollowest, spot on east coast?

just wanted to see what some people thought, or sessions they had? Just bored...

had a few at dumps in Del. Very heavy place and breaks boards easy. poverty too.

Images
    Theres a spot/slab between NJ and OBX where when it gets big, everyone is scared to paddle out. It breaks in about 2-18 inches of water depending on the size of the wave. The lip can be a couple feet wide. I have once seen a chest high wave there have a 1 foot wide barrel. If your lucky there can be an outer section which is a perfect drop in to "claimer" setup. Even if you knew where it was...you wouldnt drop into the sets.

Hatteras for sure

Yeah, OBX for sure. One spot/area in particular gets extremely hollow. The lip isn't to heavy, but the wave is very steep and very hollow. Far paddle out too. yep, one of my favorite places to go when its a decent swell with the right wind.

heavy

Anywhere between duck and hatteras

Images

ya...

i mean i live in vb, the lesser in my opinion of north and south of it. Vb shines when its small, or like under head most the time just cause its normally better some where else..haha. but ive caught obx several times death pits man, nuts.. i was there when they had the battle of the banks that day was super gnarly... And Ocean city Maryland Fires So Hard in the winter. Boxiest Waves i have seen were in Maryland,Over head and just pitching. no outside. Delaware reelss never caught it firing just normally stayed in oc for the day and ****.. East coast can get fairly epic...

the people on this message board will never know the heaviest hollowest spot on the east coast. nobody is gonna talk about it and that's the way it should stay until surfline "discovers" it. sure we get some heavy hollow waves from NJ-OBX, but the east coast is waaaaay bigger than that. just my two cents...

Images
    if the tide and wind is right i have got some heavy waves at jenks...... and I know what Boss means(not the exact spot),, sometimes by me its dumping onto the bar and the water is around a foot deep... it sure is scary just got to hold on and pray u dont fall and break your neck haha

Images

Where were the spongers?

I'd have to say OCM can get pretty hollow.

here's the complete sequence.

Last edited by MDSurfer; Jul 14, 2009 at 05:17 PM.