Well, im from OC MD too. I will not say its the heaviest on the east coast by any means, but it does go off.

And I dont know why you guys are hating on that OC MD photo. I remember that from a couple years back, and on that sequence, He goes straight because if you notice... He goes straight and when he turns, he still out runs the barrel...

So my question to you is, if you want to get tucked under that 6-8 ft lip, why would you go straight? The wave obviously dies on the shoulder there, and he should have dug his arm in and gone even slower and straigher on his take off... my opinion.

But anyway, there are photos on that same exact day of some guy in OC MD just CHARGIN. I mean, the guy got sick photos tucked behind some seriously thick shorebreak lips. The guy was dropping in to 8 foot shorebreak barrels and getting out of them. I consider myself a hell-man charger, but I would think twice about half of those inside bowls man. A closeout will fill ya as$ crack with sand pretty quick.

But ONE more thing... Im sure everyone here has surfed a reef before, and you know unless its PIPE or TAHITI, then reefs actually LESSEN the power of the wave when it cross it. That is why reefs and points give you that perfect shape...

Thats the scary thing about Hatteras and JERZ and places that get thick and hollow...

A 8 foot day at Hatteras can litterally be much worse than a 15 foot day at pipe.... At pipe, you have a much better chance in chosing a wave and making the section...

Everyone knows when it gets heavy back east on those sanbars, its a damn crapshoot, you can have the wave of your life, or just get destroyed... 20MPH offshore wind and 10 foot sets....

I mean, I know that its not the most powerful place on earth, but Hatteras and a lot of east coast spots may not be perfect, but they certainly are heavy....

In my opinion, the heaviest wave in the WORLD that is surfed regularly is Puerto Escondio. That sh** is Bigger than pipe line, and ALL SAND!

I mean, youtube some crazy Puerto escondido rides... That 20 second barrel of a tow in a couple years back....

Those tough guys in Hawaii can talk all that mess, but those boys down in Mexico, where there arent all the cameras, and GIANT swells roll through all year un noticed by the surf world... Those boys have more metal than anywhere on earth...

PUERTO son... PUERTO!