LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Now that looks like it was fun!! Pretty clean considering the wave heights. There are some definate jems in there. Nice!
    haha yeah looks sweet. Hurricane Noel a few years back - pics from Daniel Pullen, a great local surfer and photographer. Wish I had been there...

locals are lazy = idiot.

If any of you have been to the west coast or anything other than a beachy and don't agree with zach you are a idiot also.

I will be back on the west side in less then a month for trip #900. I know it will be august so chances of getting a good swell just won't happen but a nice couple of headhigh days will be better then what we have got here in NJ for the whole month of july. I can't even remember the last time I was in the water.

Anyway I would have to say a few spots north of New York would light up better than OBX and Jersey. Make sure to bring your 6mm.

It seems as though most of you on here from from OBX/Del/NJ so of course you are saying those spots are heavy. Get out more.

Zach,
    This was submitted for the 2007 Billabong XXL (Monster Paddle)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post

It seems as though most of you on here from from OBX/Del/NJ so of course you are saying those spots are heavy. Get out more.
    This thread is about East Coast waves man. Of course us East Coasters are going to provide the majority of the input.

Locals-- good discussion. I agree with you that the North Shore would get destroyed without the reef acting as a proxy for the swell. There is only one place I've been to that gets macking swell, over sandbar, where there are hotels and bars right on the beach and it is Playa Hermosa in Costa Rica. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to keep those buildings in tact with very good waves breaking over sandbar. I wish they could do that over here.