what is a sandskate? sorry!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jettyhead View Post
    i have been rammed a couple times by something big
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Hey man, whatever you're into...
    Bahahahhaha!

fish

About a month ago, the dolphins were extremely close to shore, like even closer than the line up. Anyway, when they're feeding sometimes the fish swim in towards shore to escape, so it was probably just a good size fish. I remember they were attacking everyone that day. My friend even had a big ass fish plop up on his longboard.

I've surfed near dolphins a lot, and If it was a dolphin that rammed you, you'd know, so I'm going to go with a fairly large fish

Speaking of fish and such in the lineup, one time I was (ashamedly) surfing north side IRI on a good day and I was the furthest person north. The water, about the size of a football field was bubbling and the bubbles were heading toward me so I got a little scared and jumped out. I realized it was a huge school of blue fish and I tried to yell to the guys that were further south to get out and one guy, when the bubbling got to him just started screaming, OH GOD, WTF!!! I'M BEING BIT! Crazy stuff. When he got out his foot was all bloody. Most likely not blues you're talking about but it just reminded me of the time that happened.

Same type thing happened to me too. I was just swimming and something hit my leg. Figured it was a sand-shark too, lost in all the sea-weed. Not very big.

attacked

If you've ever caught a blue and released it from the hook, you'd see that they have some pretty nasty looking teeth! (and they do bite fingers and toes) that would account for the boiling waer, the bump, the dolphin feeding, and the bites! Just part of mother nature's food web! (just watch out for giant squid! - some wild stuff going on in San Diego)

i am way more worried about a bluefish getting interested in my watch or wedding ring than i am a shark. they attack anything shiny. they are like salt water piranhas. when i was a kid we would go to the outer banks and see the 'bluefish blitz'--where they swim right up onto the beach. those sharp little teeth look like they can take a nice hunk of meat out with one bite. ouch.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Hey man, whatever you're into...

Well played, sir!

you guys are funny... small bus funny, but funny none the less

Quote Originally Posted by RedStripe75 View Post
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    I personally like black dudes, but if you dig the dolphins, hey man, whatever you're into...

Well played, sir!