LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    LedZep:

That greenroom board, was that made out here in SD? THere is a local shaper that owns a shop at the end of my street. His board company is called "The Green Room". He has REALLY sick fishes and logs. Way too pricey for me though. I was in there with my shaper one day and he was showing me all these crazy artistic details in the border art and all the trim. The new throw back SD fishes run like $850+ Brand new though... so F*** that. They look really nice though. Almost too nice to ride =) If fishies were my thing, I might get one, but for now, my shortboarding/ADHD keeps me too busy on potato chips all the time.
    No connection. The Greenroom is owned by Rich “Toby” Pavel who shapes for Rainbow Surfboards and what you were checking out were probably his quad fish AKA Speedialer. Hands down my next board, what those thing are capable of is borderline mind altering. Pavel was buddies and mentored by Stevie Lis who invented the fish design back in the day in PB. They are pricey man, but paying for that old school quality that hard to come by these days.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post
    No connection. The Greenroom is owned by Rich “Toby” Pavel who shapes for Rainbow Surfboards and what you were checking out were probably his quad fish AKA Speedialer. Hands down my next board, what those thing are capable of is borderline mind altering. Pavel was buddies and mentored by Stevie Lis who invented the fish design back in the day in PB. They are pricey man, but paying for that old school quality that hard to come by these days.
    actually its not that expensive, at bare wires in long branch, nj they have 2 canyon retro fish quads for 475$ 6'2 and 6'4. but i see what your saying.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    LedZep:

That greenroom board, was that made out here in SD? THere is a local shaper that owns a shop at the end of my street. His board company is called "The Green Room". He has REALLY sick fishes and logs. Way too pricey for me though. I was in there with my shaper one day and he was showing me all these crazy artistic details in the border art and all the trim. The new throw back SD fishes run like $850+ Brand new though... so F*** that. They look really nice though. Almost too nice to ride =) If fishies were my thing, I might get one, but for now, my shortboarding/ADHD keeps me too busy on potato chips all the time.
    Nah, I think it's a coincidence that they are both Green Room. Here's my guy: http://www.greenroomboardsports.com/boards.php
    I have pictures of my board in my profile album.

It's microbrewed epoxy resin, so it's more durable and it was $505.

BTW, Jimmy Keith (the shaper) won't charge you extra for a model tailored to fit you; they're the same price as the brand new stock boards.

wynn diamond tail quad -- 6'2" works great for east coast surf from knee/waist to head+, my daily driver and brian wynn is FTMFW

plusone squash -- 6'2" siiiick board for when it gets some juice, george gall at POS (plusonesurfboards) is the man.

bushman 6'4" squash thruster -- another great board for waves with power, not too good on the east coast mush tho

bushman 6' 10" pintail surftech thruster -- i dont really like surftechs but this board was epic on the big days

i gotta get a fish for the mush, its coming from POS or Wynn havent decided yet
    Last edited by windswellsucks; Jul 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM.

6'2 x 18.3 x 2.14 Agent by 21-13 (uncle mike)

board is so sick, uncle is such a cool dude and makes incredible boards