LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveJunkie86 View Post
    One final note never talk back to a lifeguard.... This just pisses most of us off, and we will always win if you insist on being a jackoff.
    FVCK you. way to call yourselves watermen and screw over your own. i hope that you go crazy watching the surf from your tower.

colin and 3 other guys were out at midtown today KILLING it, going in and out of all the little kids doing shovits, snaps, you name it, and running and skimming back into the water and never once had a lifeguard say anything.

sidenote, today was fukin awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveJunkie86 View Post
    The issue here should have been the concern over neck injuries from flipping over the shore-break waves, which in my opinion is kinda stupid either way.

Ya... When I was like 13 I broke my neck doing backflips off shore pound. So it happens... If i had broken 1 vertebra up I would have been paralyzed, and one vertebra down I would have died. I consider myself pretty lucky...

So if you are skimmin, and doing flips and ****, be careful!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4thesummer1 View Post
    colin and 3 other guys were out at midtown today KILLING it, going in and out of all the little kids doing shovits, snaps, you name it, and running and skimming back into the water and never once had a lifeguard say anything.

sidenote, today was fukin awesome.
    Thats how it should be.... If the guard saw no problem with it and it wasn't endangering anyone it should be their call. Its lame that per policy "fun" of this sort is nixed.

And i have gone F***in insane many a day staring at the surf from my tower. But this didnt turn me into an A-hole over how people enjoy the beach. Life is about the grey area... If you dont cause a scene then you can get away with a lot more. you wanna drink on the beach? do it discreetly... You wanna skim on your beach? talk to the guard about it. most are pretty easy going if you talk to them, and if they shoot you down find another stretch of beach. Obviously anyone who wants to talk an "unreasonable" amount of sh*t to a guard or anyone else is a f'ing jerkoff themselves and will receive an equal response back... thats just life

Images

Thumbs down

last summer me and my friends were doing stand up the guards were flippin **** about it...they called us in called the cops measured our boards one was a herlihy the other was 43 in and they said those 2 were surfboards and they arrested 2 of my freinds..pretty messed up

6. ocsponger, are you serious? were your friends being complete assholes? Thats pretty extreme for riding a bodyboard a couple inches longer than the 'official bodyboard dimensions' in the Ocean City Town Code.

yeeeah

That sounds pretty crappy, sorry to hear about that. For there to be only 2 surfing streets out of over 140 is just rediculous. I wonder who would be the person to talk to about changing that.

Images
    About a week ago i was in OC doing standup. I never got anything from the lifeguards. I do remember last year in Bethany, bodyboard skimming was outlawed when someone hit the town mayor.

Images
    I ride a 44" (big guy big board) The real solution here is to just get friendly with your guards. Give Respect Get Respect.

Also, just lay down.

Im confused? Are we talking about bodyboards or skim boards. Because the difference is huge. Skim boards are gay and should have a age limit notification on there, like not appropriate for children over the age of 9. There are a handfull of people and a couple places in the world that make it look cool. Maryland is not one of them. If your trying to do flips over thigh high shore break you should be thrown off the beach. The assumption here is that your retarded and your going to hurt yourself or someone.

As for bodyboards, summertime I would imagine, would be a windfall opportunity to get some fun waves in front of lifeguards on non-surfing beaches. And even if you stood up on one, who cares. They're made of foam or used nerf balls or something? What possible damage could be done to anyone?

Enjoy it while it lasts or when you can get away with it, because after the babysitters are gone the surfers will once again be center stage, telling you both "skimmers" and "spongers" alike to BEAT IT KOOKS! Well actually the skimmers aren't really in the way flipping and sliding in ankle deep water. Just amusement.