LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to surfing

New to surfing

I have been surfing on my 8'6" walden for two days now and have almost got the hang of it. My friend even invited me to California to surf with him during the fall. Should I take my board to Califoria (flying southwest). He says he surf a spot called Mavericks don't know if anyone has heard of that. But you think it would be a good idea to take my board or rent a board there?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutebilly182 View Post
    I have been surfing on my 8'6" walden for two days now and have almost got the hang of it. My friend even invited me to California to surf with him during the fall. Should I take my board to Califoria (flying southwest). He says he surf a spot called Mavericks don't know if anyone has heard of that. But you think it would be a good idea to take my board or rent a board there?
    HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA!!! MAVERICKS!?!?!?!?!?! you would F***ing die. type in mavericks surf on google images then post something, and it would cost hundreds of dollars to bring that log.

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not? If it is a joke, you're the king of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a joke or not? If it is a joke, you're the king of sarcasm.
    my sentiments exactly. if joke = awesome. if not...well...

I didn't know the waves got so big in California. Maybe I will stay here and surf North Side of the Idian River inlet until I get good enough to go surf Mavericks with my friend. Hope to see you guys out there.

Images
    I didn't know the waves got so big in California. Maybe I will stay here and surf North Side of the Idian River inlet until I get good enough to go surf Mavericks with my friend. Hope to see you guys out there.
    sorry for the comment bro, your just a beginner so i shouldnt be so harsh, but mavericks is a really strong place, its like 10 year experience if your good. but no longboards at mavericks. but have fun bro

yeah man just enjoy what you've been doing - Mavericks is professional territory, but there are plenty more places in California to surf. good luck, have fun!

Images
    Who the heck would invite someone who's been surfing for 2 days to go surf Mavericks!

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    very clearly a joke. come on guys, you gotta pick this stuff up better

Images
    Yeah definitelty start out here.