LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    26
    Well, my opinion of bird rock is this: I dont surf it. Its actually a really good laydown boogie spot. Joel Tudor and a few others go there on long boards and stuff, but that is generally a break that everyone avoids, with good reason. Its not even the locals, its just a dangerous wave. Its not ideal for shortboarding while 10 spots on each side of it are, so your right about bird rock...

    But as far as surf gangs and stuff, those are little LS high school kids running around waxing peoples windsheilds...

    The only real thing that happened around here was last year when that pro surfer from La Jolla got jumped. But that was after an altercation in a bar, and the guy didnt mean to kill him. He hit him too hard and killed him with a punch. But my point is, the fact that he got killed had nothing to do with him being a surfer...

    Dont get me wrong, like I said, I surf with di**s every day out here. But its mostly a lot of angry barking. I surf with this guy that literally yells at everyone that doesnt live in ob. EVERY DAY. If he drops in on you, he yells at them. If he is paddling out in the impact zone while you are on the wave, he *****es at you for coming at him... Hes a total kook, and brings bad vibes, but thats mostly what it is... Just angry old dudes yelling at outta towners and little kids telling the boogie boarders to stay in there zone...

    Im just saying. Ive seen full on collisions, broken boards, terrible crashes... But none of them resulted in a beat down on the beach. Its always just 30 minutes of splashing and sh** talking betweens sets.

    I know everywhere can have di*ks, you are right about that. My experience in OC though is just that its a much more volotile environment in the summer. Its a mix of all kinds of people in the water... People out for their first time... Its just dangerous sometimes... And sometimes the people who dont know how to surf can be the most dangerous ones. They will be out there fighting, because they have no respect for the ocean or the city they are visiting... Its like all the fu**in Zonis (tourists from arizona) that come out here and throw cigarette buts on our sidewalks, and attempt to paddle out on foam boards and get in the way... We have it here too... But most of the crazies that visit san diego stay on the beach drunk. Not too many people venture out in the water here that dont know how to surf at all... They gotta go up to tourmoline or somewhere they can paddle out in.

  2. #62
    Lets Just see how many people on this site will be in the water when its 34 degrees in late January. Enough said.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Well, my opinion of bird rock is this: I dont surf it. Its actually a really good laydown boogie spot. Joel Tudor and a few others go there on long boards and stuff, but that is generally a break that everyone avoids, with good reason. Its not even the locals, its just a dangerous wave. Its not ideal for shortboarding while 10 spots on each side of it are, so your right about bird rock...
    Zach, you're the "local" but you are confusing Bird Rock with Big Rock. I mentioned Big Rock, one of the nicest waves Yes, it breaks on a ledge and sucks out nicely. Lot's of shortboarders, fishies, kneeboarders and bodyboarders ride it. Kinda nice when Windansea is packed.

    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    The only real thing that happened around here was last year when that pro surfer from La Jolla got jumped. But that was after an altercation in a bar, and the guy didnt mean to kill him. He hit him too hard and killed him with a punch. But my point is, the fact that he got killed had nothing to do with him being a surfer...
    That was done by the "Bird Rock gang" and it was more than a single punch. The guy was pummeled by a group of guys. They were surfers. Whether it happened at or after a bar doesn't matter - that is apples 'n apples with your OC Boardwalk talk. BTW, Bird Rock North and Bird Rock South are very nice reefs, especially when hitting 8'+.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Surfing View Post
    Lets Just see how many people on this site will be in the water when its 34 degrees in late January. Enough said.
    Some people simply go tropical 'Nuf said!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Surfing View Post
    Lets Just see how many people on this site will be in the water when its 34 degrees in late January. Enough said.

    excellent point =)

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Surfing View Post
    Lets Just see how many people on this site will be in the water when its 34 degrees in late January. Enough said.
    i will. except the water down south only gets to around 49 during the winter. but i surf year round. but if i lived up north i would surf when the water is that cold.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    26
    Rod:

    I never said I was a la jolla local. I began my statement by saying i dont surf there. I will go to blacks on occasion like everyone else, but other than that, I dine in la jolla more than i surf.

    I live on sunset cliffs. I am an obecian. I don't spend much time north of the san diego river. I got everything I need within a 3 mile stretch.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Rod:

    I never said I was a la jolla local. I began my statement by saying i dont surf there. I will go to blacks on occasion like everyone else, but other than that, I dine in la jolla more than i surf.

    I live on sunset cliffs. I am an obecian. I don't spend much time north of the san diego river. I got everything I need within a 3 mile stretch.
    baltimore local joins the navy now is S.D. local... what a donkey tell us more about life in baltimore,DONKEY!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    carova
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    ,........just stay in VA or across the bay and shut your stupid hole. If you were any good you would not be writing such things.

    If you got issues, stay away, it is that simple. If you can not deal with the local lineups just stay away.

    Just shut up and stay away.

    P.S./////////// OC blows the doors off VA beach, which is not saying much, but it does and always has.

    Don't forget to stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you serious dork? For starters I am sure I have been surfing longer than you have... next... OC blows the doors off of VaBeach.... HAHAHA.. you are such a loser..... THEY BOTH SUCK YOU FREAKIN' IDIOT! I am assuming you are one of the kooks thats gets pushed out of the water. I have NEVER had a problem surfing in Va Beach with anybody. The whole reason I started this thread was to question why all you OC/New Jersey kooks get all amped up about your spots when they quite simply usually suck, like your skills. You guys need to roll your droopy, wizard sleeve vag lips up into your panties and go catch some waves and leave it at that.

  10. #70
    Keep dreaming fool...

    if you were any good you would not have even mentioned any of this.

    Sounds like you got scared in OC, so maybe it would be best for you to just stay away?

    For you to even attempt to call out Jersey or OC ,.....in relationship to VA Beach, does not even make sense, and given the fact that you claim "I am sure I have been surfing longer than you have", you should already know this. And you should also know your home break well enough to know that OC is way more consistent then VA beach by a long shot. If you were or are any good and you are from the VA beach area, don't you just end up in OBX anyway? I mean really, who stays in VA beach when OBX is so close?

    You original post was random from start to finish,... just a rant about how you got ***** slapped in OC, and so now you got beef with everyone north of VA Beach........now,.. who is the KOOK?

    If you are so much more experienced, it sure does not show it from anything you have written so far.


    I call BS on you, your claims and your post.