LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Reports today

Reports today

What was with the surf reports today, surfline saying 2-3ft is way off. I surfed spring lake early around 5:30 and it was easily chest head high and even overhead on some sets.

I knew some size would show because of the decent swell period, but not sure what some of these dudes who write up reports are seeing at 5am to call it 2-3ft.

the footage is from the bouys right? and when you take into account the swell peroid that determines what is actually breaking on the beach, like a long period coupled with a relatively small footage can equal what we had yesterday, because yesterday after work it was going off were i was , not the cleanest but the size was fun as hell.

Yea I hear ya, I knew it would be decent size with 4.3ft @8 sec at 5am, figure some 5ft-6ft sets would sneak in there with the incoming tide. By 6:30 it was mid-tide and you could really see some nice peaky sets come through.

Anyway, still fun, lot of paddling and water moving though.

as soon as my noon meeting is done i'm in the water.

haha yeah. It is killing me being at work right now. Can't wait to hit the water this afternoon, hopefully it doesn't turn into chop tonight.

Real fun today. kinda dropped off a little in size as the incoming came.. worth a check later

hope it holds up for the afternoon session... out of work at 330 today

Santa Teresa

Check the Santa Teresa Costa report, can't wait until September!