LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Summer Time Flatness Philosophy Discussion

It's flat. Lets have a discussion.

Time. A concept? A creation of man? Is it tangible? What is it?

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 58845 View Post
    It's flat. Lets have a discussion.

Time. A concept? A creation of man? Is it tangible? What is it?
    of course time is a creation of man... Time is defined by the relation of one object to another object, and for us humans it is the distance the earth moves with respect to the sun. We could very well call time - distance or speed.

time = distance / speed.

Images
    I think it's a waste of time

Ah yes. The oh so common theory that a train is a metaphor for time. An interesting concept, with there being so many similarities once one looks.They were both created by man, but once activated, cannot be stopped except by enormous counter force. There is also the similarity which involves multiple tracks (represented in time as multiple realities) coming to cross each other. The train theory suggests than man has the power to choose between realities (as one may change tracks) and many question that. If we can change between realities, or bands of time, how do we? Do we do it subconsciously, without noticing? Finally there is the parallelism that if time is dislodged or trains are derailed from their paths (or tracks) there could be disastrous results (2012?). Seeing as how humans have managed to avoid this, this portion of the theory is also untested. All things to consider. I'm very glad you brought this up Conway, no time discussion is ever complete without analysis of the train theorem.

Serious replies are also welcome and encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    of course time is a creation of man... Time is defined by the relation of one object to another object, and for us humans it is the distance the earth moves with respect to the sun. We could very well call time - distance or speed.

time = distance / speed.
    Ahh, a different take on time. I was thinking more of the larger units more than seconds and minutes; decades, centuries, eons.
    So if time is a creation of man, before man was around did the sun not set, did the months not pass?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    this thread is a total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I think it's a waste of time
    WELL I THINK ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FLAT AND CHOPPY FOR THE NEXT WEEK SO WE MIGHT AS WELL DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. YOU'RE A WASTE OF TIME. jk lol

Images
    Ahh, a different take on time. I was thinking more of the larger units more than seconds and minutes; decades, centuries, eons.
    So if time is a creation of man, before man was around did the sun not set, did the months not pass?
    yes, i say before man, time did not exist, since we invented such an idea.

But, the sun did set and the months did pass... that is after the point our solar system was created. Suggesting a beginning to this concept of time.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    WELL I THINK ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FLAT AND CHOPPY FOR THE NEXT WEEK SO WE MIGHT AS WELL DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. YOU'RE A WASTE OF TIME. jk lol
    actually the surf for today was predicted choppy but in the morning today it was semi clean with rare waist high. so if you just find the right sand bar it could get fun even if its choppy.