LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Naval Jetties De.- The worst place to surf!

So I went there this last Friday. Had not been there in 2 years.

That place sucks. There must bee 50 surfers fighting for 1 small pointbreak wave in 2' of water and rocks. As soon as a little wave shows, party time, 4 people all snaking each other!

Also,it is a such a uncool vibe in the line-up. Everyone rides a longboard or funshape and can't surf to save their life.

I won't be back-staying in jerz!

Images
    That pretty much sums up my experiences there. Avoid like the plague.

Images
    sounds exactly like Northside inidan river, 48th street and 36th street in ocean city..... oh how people become ****s for a knee high wave

We gave up 10 years ago

welcome to the summer time. weight till we get a real swell and all them foam top surfboards blow away. at least then its not as crowded, of course it doesnt hold a large swell but what other options do you have in delaware, besides broadkill beach

size always thins the crowds out

what time of day were you out and what kind/size board were you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by daless3737 View Post
    So I went there this last Friday. Had not been there in 2 years.

That place sucks. There must bee 50 surfers fighting for 1 small pointbreak wave in 2' of water and rocks. As soon as a little wave shows, party time, 4 people all snaking each other!

Also,it is a such a uncool vibe in the line-up. Everyone rides a longboard or funshape and can't surf to save their life.

I won't be back-staying in jerz!

Images
    Ha Ha, when was the last time we had some size around here?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Ha Ha, when was the last time we had some size around here?
    November 3, 2007 (Noel swell). It wasn't very crowded that Saturday afternoon Sure was crowded on Sunday morning.

In all seriousness to the last swell question, it's been a long spell since good sizeable waves.....Feb. 19 is the last "real" swell I can think of, and it actually wasn't working very well at most places that day.