LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post This Saturday in NJ

I was looking at the forecast for this weekend and it says Saturday, August 1st is going to be shoulder high in the morning. What are the chances that this forecast is going to stay this way. And if it does stay this way it will probably be the best day of the season.
    Last edited by NJexit98; Jul 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM.

Images
    Way to jinx it asshole! From here on out.. understand... the forecasts are pretty much inaccurate anything a day or more out.

saturday will be flat, everyone stay in bed and dont surf

Images
    still a ways out especially for the quick moving S/SW swells. Keep checking in on the updates. Tomrrow looks pretty fun though...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Tomrrow looks pretty fun though...
    exactly...I'll take take these little bursts of S wind swell one day at a time. At least in Delaware/MD its basically all about finding a few hours with more west in the wind than south...and remember that jetties which block the SW winds, also blocking a lot of the south wind swell...7 second swell doesnt wrap into sheltered spots very well.

Images
    First of all, nice screenname douche... Secondly, way to be THAT GUY that asks "how's the waves gonna be this weekend, I was lookin at the forecast blah blah blah"...

Images

Two Weeks from Now

Hey everyone. I was looking at the Atlantic models, and looks like there could be a good swell coming in two weeks. What do you think the chances are that there will be good waves?

I want to surf october 1st 2012 in lewis delaware will there be any rights to ride that day???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darealm View Post
    Hey everyone. I was looking at the Atlantic models, and looks like there could be a good swell coming in two weeks. What do you think the chances are that there will be good waves?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I want to surf october 1st 2012 in lewis delaware will there be any rights to ride that day???
    Yes and most definitely YES.

well you have two possibilities - either it will stay that way, or it won't stay that way - one or the other. So, your chances are 50%. Would you get on a plane that had a 1-in-two chance of crashing? **** no! So, don't take any unnecesary risks - stay home Saturday. Jeez what is with these people. Then again on the flip side, how many sessions have I had in the last 5-6 years where there "wasn't supposed" to be any waves; where the 'net forecasters were calling for flatness or 1' and I was out there by myself or with a neighbor or two surfing 3-4' just about perfect? A lot, almost as many to make up for the times when the surfline and swelldude wizards get it right and there's 35-40 mostly clueless, mediocre-ly skilled never-been-seen-before heads in the water at every spot on a chest high pumping S groundswell