LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Missing Tech 2 Fin

This past weekend, I lost a clear/ice colored, right footed, Tech 2 bodyboarding fin around 46th in OC. If anyone could let me know if they picked it up I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Images
    You'll be lucky to get that back man. I've lost several fins in OC and I never find them. Worst feeling ever having a fin pulled off your foot.

lost a churchill on friday... was pissed, managed to keep them for 4 years.

I'll keep my eye open for the tech.

Images
    I love my tech 2's
    sucks that you lost one.

Two words: fin teathers.

I use Tech one fins, never liked the two's. But, a few years ago I was surfing around 80th street in OC. I got sucked over the falls on one wave and the fin literally ripped off my foot. I went to Kcoast to buy fins quickly and drove down to Bethany to swim in front of a friend who guards. Right when I paddled out in Bethany, a tech one fin, same size but different color, floated to the surface. It felt like I had struck gold.

Images
    its gone, bye bye... most likely got sucked out into the ocean never to return. fin teathers are a good idea if your fins frequently come off, however if the fin fits you correctly it shouldnt be very loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    its gone, bye bye... most likely got sucked out into the ocean never to return. fin teathers are a good idea if your fins frequently come off, however if the fin fits you correctly it shouldnt be very loose.
    More than once has a fur ball of the collapsing tube behind me ripped off a good fitting fin, but never once has a fin been lost with fin tethers on. I learned *my* lesson well on a sweet 5' getaway Sunday morning session at Big Rock - hard to find replacement fins at 7:30am and a flight at 11am! Not to mention if you travel to places where there isn't a surf shop every 3 blocks.

Found a Churchill at OC Friday evening. PM me with size, model/colors and which foot, I'll snail mail to you.