LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Myrtle Beach SC Bodyboarding??

I recently moved here from MD and used to bodyboard in NJ and Ocean City MD regularly (almost 20 years). So far down here I haven't seen anyone else bodyboarding. I saw a few contests that have bodyboard classes, does anyone compete? Does anyone down here bodyboard, and where do you ride?

I usually go to 48th off Ocean Blvd, or 65th off N. Ocean Blvd

to clarify, I don't mean boogieboarding on those dollar store kickboard POS's I mean with descent boards, and fins ("flippers" LOL)

Images
    Hey bro, The are about 2 or 3 ,maybe, includeing me. I used to live in cali and now here. Surfers here have no respect for bodyboarding. Therefore I have no respect for them.

I paddle out at springmaid pier, come paddle out sometime or shoot me a pm.
    Last edited by dcmbsc; Aug 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

yea, I can see the lack of repect here (from surfers) I mean it's really backwards from what I'm used to in Ocean City MD the ratio was like 1:1 surfers/bodyboarders + general respect. The college looking types like to talk s#!t in the water but are a little quieter up on the beach I'm almost 30 I have no time for college kids talking BS let me just stick you in the mouthpiece once I think the surfers are jealous that we can ride the 1-2' chop/crap know as Myrtle Beach daily surf and they have to tan on the beach. Stop hating and just get a bodyboard already.

I'd love to ride a few breaks out in Cali, you moved to the wrong Coast!! J/K we keep it live on the East

This weekend... 49th, straight down from that overflow parking lot I'm sure we will have 2 or 3 out riding.

sleep time!!

I bodyboard in NC and I'm definitely in the minority. I've met and talked to two other bodyboarders this year. Other years have gone by without even seeing another sponger.

Since I'm a middle-aged woman, none of the surfers really give me any crap out in the water, but I try to stay as far away from surfboards as I can just so I don't get hit by one or run over. Last year, I was paddling out sort of near a kid with a shortboard. I saw him duckdive a wave, so I ass-umed he knew what he was doing. Next wall of whitewater that came along, he let go of the board (no leash) and it came flying back and hit me in the arm. It drew blood and left a nasty, sore lump. You just can't assume that everybody who paddles out with a surfboard knows what they're doing.

wtf

First of all the reason "boogie"boarders are probably disliked is because surfers have to deal with enough "boogie"boarding tourist crowding the waters already not to mention the ones who try to be profesional about riding a "boogie"board f**cking up the entire line up. come out there with respect and dont f**k up the line by di**ing around on the inside and im sure u will be treated with the same oh yea and dont surf at kook places like 65th thats asking for drama
    Last edited by volcomsurf421; Aug 8, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsurf421 View Post
    First of all the reason "body"boarders are probably disliked is because surfers have to deal with enough "boogie"boarding tourist crowding the waters already not to mention the ones who try to be profesional about riding a "body"board f**cking up the entire line up. come out there with respect and dont f**k up the line by di**ing around on the inside and im sure u will be treated with the same oh yea and dont surf at kook places like 65th like I do, thats asking for my mama's drama

fixed!!

LOL!!!! someones got sand in thier crack!!! The water is not yours to govern. I'm sure (110%) your not too great at surfing, maybe you missed the part of my post where it says I've been doing this for about as long as you are old. Acting profressional ha ha just because you don't understand doesn't make you right. It just makes you look stupid when you open your mouth. Last time I checked pro bodyboarding is still growing. If you don't like tourists at the beach, move to Ohio or Wisconsin.

I made it clear I dont "boogie"board, no need to be an A$$ there is a big diffrence. The main difrence is I am NOT a punk kid on vacation and I will earn the respect necessary to surf where I want in MB however necessary.
    Last edited by MB-bodyboard27; Aug 9, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Yes laying down is pretty fun too!

8. i dont think its a matter of liking spongers or not, if i see a group of overweight farmer taned fat dudes with pink $4 boogie boards im gona automatically assume im better at life in general then they are and will lay down the law especially when they are getting in the way in the coveted surf zones, however if i see someone in the water/line up with flippers (fins) chasing down waves and gettin flipped and flopped around i have no problem whatsoever sharing the water with you and or given u a high five when u catch a good one...justttt my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MB-bodyboard27 View Post

fixed!!

LOL!!!! someones got sand in thier crack!!! The water is not yours to govern. I'm sure (110%) your not too great at surfing, maybe you missed the part of my post where it says I've been doing this for about as long as you are old. Acting profressional ha ha just because you don't understand doesn't make you right. It just makes you look stupid when you open your mouth. Last time I checked pro bodyboarding is still growing. If you don't like tourists at the beach, move to Ohio or Wisconsin.

I made it clear I dont "boogie"board, no need to be an A$$ there is a big diffrence. The main difrence is I am NOT a punk kid on vacation and I will earn the respect necessary to surf where I want in MB however necessary.
    Obviously you cant read i put "boogie" boarders like that because thats who im talking about the ones acting professional that have no idea what they are doing so there for they shouldnt be sitting out with the big boys. I was making a simple statement about giving respect to get it like the last guy said ill probably be the first one to congrat anyone whos grabs a sick wave even if your riding a pink raft i dont care what you ride as long as your riding so you need to smoke a bowl and chilllllz and help me with this sand in my A$$

go back to MD because we dont need anymore of your kind down here.You have to earn respect to get respect and just like volcom said stop going to the college hang out of 64th
    you should go to 81st where the rest of your type hang out or come surf in jimbo peacocks waves of the south side he loves boogie boarders