LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: lost sd2

Hybrid View

lost sd2

just picked up a new lost 6'1 sd2 last night. got a great deal on it since it was last yr's model. anyone have any experience with this board? i plan on riding it on waist-chest to overhead days. pretty psyched, except for the fact that it's going to be flat for a good while
    Last edited by mOtion732; Aug 6, 2009 at 01:39 PM.

as much as I like to say 'support your local shaper' this IS a really good board.

i was looking into local stuff but couldn't really find a shape that i liked. surprisingly, it took a number of months to settle on this.

mine was a bit different. ashton really pissed me off on a previous board so I ordered mine custom through Chauncey. this board is sick and the template actually should work great for the conditions you outlined.

Images
    I love the SDII (Speed Demon 2). I had a 5'2 Lost SDII last year and it was probably one of the best boards I've ever had. I actually rode that board in every condition until a kook ran his longboard fin straight into the bottom of that board. I ended up selling it, but I ended up liking it so much that I ordered a local board very similar to the SDII. I also like the SDIII and the SD-Lux. Hope you like the new board.

Images
    I got a board a few months ago that is absolutely magic from stomach-head high waves, but it's still a blast to ride in knee-waist if they have any power to them. It's a Green Room Whiskey Fish. The shaper, Jimmy Keith, works with just micro-brewed epoxy resin that they formulate themselves. These boards are handshaped, NOT epoxy pop-outs.

The whiskey fish is similar to the Speed Demon, with maybe a slightly fuller outline.
    These guys are shaped outta Wilmington, NC, so it's local for me, but I'm all about having a more durable board (I'm no pro, sometimes my board will whack me in the face ). I got mine for $505. I love it.

I've got a 6'2" SDIII which I absolutely love

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    I've got a 6'2" SDIII which I absolutely love
    how big are you?

i'm 5'9 155, and i got a 6'1 18.25 2.33. i wanted something with a bit more float and that something i can get into waves a little bit earlier with, without sacrificing 'ripability'. hoping for it to really excel in chest+ surf

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    how big are you?

i'm 5'9 155, and i got a 6'1 18.25 2.33. i wanted something with a bit more float and that something i can get into waves a little bit earlier with, without sacrificing 'ripability'. hoping for it to really excel in chest+ surf
    5'7" about 155-165
    board is 6'2" x 18.88" x 2.38" (XTR)
    it's great in chest+