LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: lost sd2

lost sd2

just picked up a new lost 6'1 sd2 last night. got a great deal on it since it was last yr's model. anyone have any experience with this board? i plan on riding it on waist-chest to overhead days. pretty psyched, except for the fact that it's going to be flat for a good while
    Last edited by mOtion732; Aug 6, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

as much as I like to say 'support your local shaper' this IS a really good board.

i was looking into local stuff but couldn't really find a shape that i liked. surprisingly, it took a number of months to settle on this.

mine was a bit different. ashton really pissed me off on a previous board so I ordered mine custom through Chauncey. this board is sick and the template actually should work great for the conditions you outlined.

Images
    I love the SDII (Speed Demon 2). I had a 5'2 Lost SDII last year and it was probably one of the best boards I've ever had. I actually rode that board in every condition until a kook ran his longboard fin straight into the bottom of that board. I ended up selling it, but I ended up liking it so much that I ordered a local board very similar to the SDII. I also like the SDIII and the SD-Lux. Hope you like the new board.

Images
    I got a board a few months ago that is absolutely magic from stomach-head high waves, but it's still a blast to ride in knee-waist if they have any power to them. It's a Green Room Whiskey Fish. The shaper, Jimmy Keith, works with just micro-brewed epoxy resin that they formulate themselves. These boards are handshaped, NOT epoxy pop-outs.

The whiskey fish is similar to the Speed Demon, with maybe a slightly fuller outline.
    These guys are shaped outta Wilmington, NC, so it's local for me, but I'm all about having a more durable board (I'm no pro, sometimes my board will whack me in the face ). I got mine for $505. I love it.

I've got a 6'2" SDIII which I absolutely love

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    I've got a 6'2" SDIII which I absolutely love
    how big are you?

i'm 5'9 155, and i got a 6'1 18.25 2.33. i wanted something with a bit more float and that something i can get into waves a little bit earlier with, without sacrificing 'ripability'. hoping for it to really excel in chest+ surf

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    how big are you?

i'm 5'9 155, and i got a 6'1 18.25 2.33. i wanted something with a bit more float and that something i can get into waves a little bit earlier with, without sacrificing 'ripability'. hoping for it to really excel in chest+ surf
    5'7" about 155-165
    board is 6'2" x 18.88" x 2.38" (XTR)
    it's great in chest+

surfed this board for the first time this weekend..

paddles fast, and gets down the line extremely fast. really stable, fast, very good control. not very twitchy. very true to the direction and let's you drive really hard on bot turns. made a few really late drops and recovered immediately. very forgiving board. seems like it's going to be great in chest to well overhead surf. probably not going to ride it in weaker and smaller surf.

i am 5'9 150lbs, and it is a 6'1, 18.33 2.25 w/ pretty full rails

very happy with it
    Last edited by mOtion732; Aug 24, 2009 at 07:20 PM.