LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would like to stay at Frisco Woods, but I just can't justify paying $40 a night when there's other places for half that price just down the road. I'll think about it though.

Leaning towards staying at the Frisco NPS Campground a couple of nights then going up to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground for a couple nights. Hopefully there will be some surf.

Quote Originally Posted by andyroo186 View Post
    I would like to stay at Frisco Woods, but I just can't justify paying $40 a night when there's other places for half that price just down the road. I'll think about it though.

Leaning towards staying at the Frisco NPS Campground a couple of nights then going up to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground for a couple nights. Hopefully there will be some surf.
    You must be kidding! $40 bucks nightly now??? Bomb the place!

It is nothing like the "old days" when the owners operated the business from the enclosed front porch of their home.

I've stayed at the Frisco NPS campsite. It's usually less crowded than others but there is no shade so bring some type of tarp to set up a shaded area for your self - other wise the sun can get grueling during mid day. When we were there several years back it was very low key and no one bothered you which was cool. The Frisco beaches face south so check the swell direction, if it's not working there you can drive 15-20 min. north to the east facing beaches. The site has decent bathrooms and cold water showers but I thought overall it was pretty nice and out of the way camp ground.

If you get their late, the guy who owns the campground will be sleeping. If You leave really early to surf the dawn patrol, the guy who owns the campground will probably be sleeping... or fishing. So he wouldn't be there to nag you about paying. But theres an honor code; if you stay there and the owner doesn't see you, you should put your $ for the nite in his mailbox. DIDNT YOUR MOMS TEACH YOU MORALS AND RITE FROM WRONG???????????????