LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

average jersey wave

alright guys. heres the bottom line. what is the average jersey wave? i wanna hear everyones opinion. also what are the worst conditions youre willing to paddle out on?

depends how long the waves have been flat. the average jersey wave is exactly knee-thigh high onshore 5-10mph. straight up.

Images
    i think year round average is probably 4.5 maybe 6 feet. and worst conditions, 30 mph super choppy, overhead, but not too bad close outs

Images
    I'll go out in anything... even it its barely rideable... this is of course in the summer time. winter time is different.

Images
    Yeah i'll take anything in Jersey right now. . . Its been awhile since I've seen some good decent sized waves around here.

there's no waves in NJ...

Images
    yeah absolutely nothing here

Summer averages about 1-2 foot, winter probably averages 3-4 foot. I went out today for the first time in a while, and it was fun for the fact there's been no waves. It was really choppy but there was some size to them, and if you picked the right wave, you can get a pretty good ride.

average may not be the best way to measure this, but if you were, it'd probably be very small.

if you want to do average of days when there is a ridable wave, i'd say waist to stomach

I just went there for the first time and theres tons of jetties which makes pretty much anything rideable. It was bellow knee high and i was out. I think it was the ninth street jetty i was at and it forms an 'L' on the beach. Pretty cool