LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

A win for san diego

So, the major issue where I live, on sunset cliffs in point loma, san diego, is that the city (of 3+ million people) sewage treatement plant is located with an ocean view, right on top of sunset cliffs down south of Nazarene College. So, back in the 60s and 70s when the "rain water" runoff and drainage systems were developed, there were not even a million people around here. It also never rained, so the city never prepared itself for what happens if it rains more than a few inches in the winter....

So in a nutshell, when it rains for more than an hour in the winter here, every drain pipe and river in the whole city floods. All of the grease in the streets runs off into the ocean... So, when all of this rain water gets trapped into the sewer lines, it creates an effect, where the sewage treametn plant gets debris lodged in it, and an emergency shutoff system goes off. Basically, when the system shuts off, there is a giant pipeline that feeds about 1 mile out into the pacific. The system will open the pipe and begin FREE FLOWING RAW HUMAN SEWAGE directly into the surf.... The last major time this happened a couple of years ago, there were like 100 million gallons of sewage or something RIDICULOUS like that released into the water. I had to surf La Jolla for weeks because of it... It litterally shut down the beaches all over for weeks...

So, the bottom line is this. THIS was a completely ILLEGAL action taken by the city of San Diego. The California Coastal Commission protects the ENTIRE coast over here from sewage pollution... So basically, the City executes a FELONY everytime it releases the sewage...

Last time, they got Fined $1 million dollars. THATS IT!!! A million bucks. And the city just said "Well, we dont have the money to fix it"

So the ocean has suffered...
    WELL, TODAY THAT ALL ENDS!!! THe state just told San Diego, that they ABSOLUTELY MAY NOT continue running this faulty sewage plant without 1.5 BILLION in upgrades...

So eat sh** and die local governemtn scum who tried to save tax money and RUIN OUR OCEAN!!!! fu** that,..... We WON!!! WE PROTECTED THE OCEAN CHUMPS!!!!!

here is a link.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...&zIndex=149230

Images
    Chyea! Cheap greedy bastards finally get their behinds spanked!

Thanks for continuing to educate the masses on the history and happenings in San Diego.

Images
    That's awesome, but how come this is posted in Mid-Atlantic Surf Talk? Did you post to all forums? Just curious.

5. LMAO. I'm going to guess on this one.

The Southern California forum gets no play. Reading his posts for the past few months he is originally from this Mid-Atlantic area.

The whole reason I post here (living in Southern California as well) is that I post on several forums during the day (I am on a computer all day for work) in between actual work and meetings, and to be blunt, this is the most entertaining "region" (Mid Atlantic) on this forum (SwellInfo)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    LMAO. I'm going to guess on this one.

The Southern California forum gets no play. Reading his posts for the past few months he is originally from this Mid-Atlantic area.

The whole reason I post here (living in Southern California as well) is that I post on several forums during the day (I am on a computer all day for work) in between actual work and meetings, and to be blunt, this is the most entertaining "region" (Mid Atlantic) on this forum (SwellInfo)
    That's why I post in this forum also.

Images
    So what about that deal with the seals? Are they still trying to shoo them away? That's another crime.

Images
    Yeah, La Jolla is actually playing their ridiculously loud "Fake Dog Barking" noises all night in La Jolla right now to deter the seals from coming there. I hope the seals hear it as a mating call and tripple in numbers... Old rich la jollans and their greed. That old money in La Jolla basically paid off the local government on that one. Can't do much about it...

But to answer your question about why I post it here and why I am always on here being in southern cali is not just because the cali forums are rarely used. But, a couple of years ago, I decided that mostly for my fiance and our future, I may be willing to move back to the east coast to be within driving distance of family in the baltimore/dc area... So, I began researching every beach town from Jersey to Hilton Head. I am from the OCMD area, so i always talk in those forums, but I found this site and it has been a really good resource for me to talk to all of you guys on a daily. It has really given me an insiders look into various surf towns in the mid-atlantic and the southeast... So, I'm not really doing research any more. I nailed down, that I like the wilmington area. CB in particular... It's the closest thing I will find to SD back east...

So, now I am just on here because I have too much free time. ANd when im not surfing, I might as well be talking about surfing right??? And this site has linked me up with quite a few SD visitors from back east. A lot of guys end up surfing with me out here and stuff from contact off this site... Great over all resource regardless of where you live... I know you guys may get sick of hearing my comments about the good surf in cali and stuff, but it is unintentinal... Pretty soon, I will be back there with you guys enjoying a good old fashion flat summer =)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    LMAO. I'm going to guess on this one.

I see what you're saying.

Just wondering two things(1)Do the people of Cali usually put up a fight and (2)What direction did the Terminator sway to.