LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    ...lostgirl has a good point. usually only 1 beach is good for surfing. and usually joe is there trying to force himself into a heart attack blowing his whistle. Ive been surfing at the surf beaches for a while now and this year i noticed most of the surf beach lifeguards dont surf. plus ive never seen a swimmer get a ticket for going in the surf area. i see kids get tickets for going out of the surfing area. I thought the lifeguards were there to protect the swimmers, not give surfers tickets or hassle people who ALREADY KNOW THE RULES. I just wish whoever is in charge of the surf beaches would be a little more flexible with the size of the surfing areas, especially when there is a lot of drift or when it is crowded. Whatever happened to working **** out?

    too bad the inlet sucks this year

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by vince b View Post
    ...lostgirl has a good point. usually only 1 beach is good for surfing. and usually joe is there trying to force himself into a heart attack blowing his whistle.
    hahaha. i've told him to chill on the whistle! i also try not to schedule him on good streets where he'd get stressed out.lol sadly we don't have the authority to make the surf beach bigger.. that's up to the city council unfortunately.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by vince b View Post
    Ive been surfing at the surf beaches for a while now and this year i noticed most of the surf beach lifeguards dont surf.
    its like that every year but seriously yeah i recommend to those who make the selections that candidates have water experience (whether it be bodyboarding or surfing). unfortunately, i don't do the hiring in the spring. did get to sit in on interviews for a few slots in early summer though. but yeah only 3 of 8 of us surf. :/ i think it would realllyy help if that was a requirement in getting the job.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MoCo and OC
    Posts
    65

    Gay

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone View Post
    why do they make us get out of the water when they all suck at surfing anyways?!
    They think you are cute and wanna see you strut your stuff....I say you should ask them out for drinks in Rehobeth...I think they have their GAYDAR working and spot you a mile away....

    Good luck...

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ...lostgirl View Post
    sadly we don't have the authority to make the surf beach bigger.. that's up to the city council unfortunately.
    I know the council voted on them being "one" city block........ but, who would notice if the flags were moved 50-100 ft each direction. Do it for us, plz. I won't tell

  6. #36
    i simply hate you tourist type....

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    I know the council voted on them being "one" city block........ but, who would notice if the flags were moved 50-100 ft each direction. Do it for us, plz. I won't tell
    we do move it somewhat when the swell is good. if i moved it that much though, the area supervisor would write me up. :/ sorry wish we had the authority to extend it more. and seriously the people on the beach are a nightmare with this. it's apparently a huge deal for them to even walk a half block off the beach to swim muchless further.