LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    [QUOTE=mostchillin;40049] Someone is already planning to tow in Monmouth... QUOTE]

do you wanna come? but i dont want to paddle out in 11 foot close outs just a waste of time. but then you can say you went out

2. if we get a 10-12 ft clean wave during august im pretty sure that would be one of the greatest days in history and we might get more than one of those days

If all goes well and my boss is a really nice guy, I'll be in the Outer Banks for a long weekend where it will be macking.

I hope it doesn't get double overhead. If it does, it will be closeout city. Plus I don't have a board that would work in it anyhow. I personally don't think it will get that big. However, I'm basing this on absolutely nothing.

Hope everyone gets some....
    Last edited by StuckinVA; Aug 18, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Images
    Man i wanted waves but not this big but fun to watch, hopefully it'll be a little smaller.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckinVA View Post
    Hope everyone gets some....

my motto every friday night........

Scared

I'm scared shi+less. no lie, double overhead peaking at 12 foot sounds kinda fun until you think of what might (and probably will) go wrong. Just think about some heavy 12 footer breaking on your back as you try to duck-dive it. I don't even wanna mention the screams as the occassional 13 fttr breaks on the outside, forcing you to swim toward it even as all natural tendency in your body tells you it will break on your head.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyinmyfiji View Post
    I'm scared shi+less. no lie, double overhead peaking at 12 foot sounds kinda fun until you think of what might (and probably will) go wrong. Just think about some heavy 12 footer breaking on your back as you try to duck-dive it. I don't even wanna mention the screams as the occassional 13 fttr breaks on the outside, forcing you to swim toward it even as all natural tendency in your body tells you it will break on your head.
    i agree completely, but theres still no way in hell that im not gonna try and get out

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinmyfiji View Post
    I cant believe this, wasn't there a huge thread of people telling me how great the east coast is and that they have great waves. now you finally have a wave maybe over waist high and you guys are being babies about it. Change your tampons take the board you have which is probably already plenty big enough and paddle the hell out there. I can't believe someone would be scared of a 10 foot wave i just got my comical laughter for the month of august. Wanna hear a joke? East Coast surfers haaah!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KelliSlhater View Post
    I cant believe this, wasn't there a huge thread of people telling me how great the east coast is and that they have great waves. now you finally have a wave maybe over waist high and you guys are being babies about it. Change your tampons take the board you have which is probably already plenty big enough and paddle the hell out there. I can't believe someone would be scared of a 10 foot wave i just got my comical laughter for the month of august. Wanna hear a joke? East Coast surfers haaah!!!
    Well listen hear Kelly Slater, you came from Florida, and you said that you would never ride big waves, and you thought Pipeline was scary... Back in the day....

I'll have no idea what to do if it's DOH at Wrightsville. First order of business: Find a channel. Second order of business: get psyched and stare for 20 mins, third order of business: attempt to paddle out (gulp)

surf

It definately will be big..i say the swell is only about a 24 hours out...swell should show signs by wednesday morning...and wuuuuuuuu doggieeeeeeeeee its gonna be macking....get ready all you whipper snappers......By Saturday most of you will be watching from the beach....you know who you are...By Sunday it will be tow-able!.....Oh hey by the way im new here