LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Images
    Good luck catching 12 footers with a 6'1", and if you do catch it it will be difficult making the bottom turn without sliding down the face sideways. With waves that big you need something bigger to catch the wave something that will hold better.

If your main concern is riding something that you can duck dive and you are worried about the paddle out, then you should not be out in DOH.

Sorry guys but mofosurfer is right, it's not worth it... and don't be that guy who paddles out and then sits out there for 3 hours and doesn't catch any...

And let's not talk about SH... let's keep that hush hush or there might be 60 guys in the water by 4:30.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Good luck catching 12 footers with a 6'1", and if you do catch it it will be difficult making the bottom turn without sliding down the face sideways. With waves that big you need something bigger to catch the wave something that will hold better.

If your main concern is riding something that you can duck dive and you are worried about the paddle out, then you should not be out in DOH.

Sorry guys but mofosurfer is right, it's not worth it... and don't be that guy who paddles out and then sits out there for 3 hours and doesn't catch any...

And let's not talk about SH... let's keep that hush hush or there might be 60 guys in the water by 4:30.
    anyone selling 6'6 pintails for under $200?

Thanks for the tip boys, I'm grabbing my 8'0" foam top (that way it doesn't hurt anyone when I ditch my board on the paddle out) and jumping on the ferry. I'll see you at SH Sunday.

you'll see a lot of that move where guys sit way the hell too far outside and do that sort of half-commited paddle for the sets, every now and then a bomb will steam through and clean up, look for a lot of snapped leashes and buckled funshapes and humbled egos

[QUOTE=wallysurfr;40198]Good luck catching 12 footers with a 6'1", and if you do catch it it will be difficult making the bottom turn without sliding down the face sideways. With waves that big you need something bigger to catch the wave something that will hold better.

A 6"5 for my height is plenty and yes agree it might even be a little small. But triple overhead is 8ft not 10-12ft.That would be 5 feet overhead or double overhead Faces+.

I was just saying a 6"5 is more difficult to duck dive then a 6"1 obviously since I am 5"8. Duck diving will be tougher with that much water moving regardless, so everyone will be having a difficult time at some point unless you are a pro.

Surfline showing fair conditions 5-7ft for Sat, so we'll just have to all checkout for our own eyes, get stoked and charge it--or say screw this I'll take some pics instead. But I have a feeling like Sunday our jerz beaches might not handle the swell to good and lots of closeouts will show.

triple over head

means it is 3x over head....as in head high x 3...as in 18ft

7. I'll be the one sittin' WAY OUTSIDE, pickin' off the bombs on my 9'6" Hynson pintail....
    READY LADIES???? bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha

I just talked to a life guard on the beach in OCMD and he said that if its really pumping (DOH) then they are going to make an excpetion and have every beach be surfing beach!!!

He said that its not definite, but if they do make an exception then the beach will be open all day and there will be life guards and beach patrol looking out for the surfers.

dont know if its gonna happen but it would be sweet if it did

by the way if im 5'1 and 98 pounds do y'all think my 6'4 quad will cut it? (and shut up i know im small LOL) its got really good float (although pretty much anything does for me)

Looks like its gonna be just like the waves I rode in Nosara this past April... gonna be sick. Charge it!

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I don't have much of a quiver either so my best board will be my 5'11 Green Room . It's a little thicker and has more front volume than a shortboard so I'm hoping that'll make up for the inches of length that I should have, plus it has a baby swallow tail that I hope will keep it loose. I'm about 5'7'' ish 125-130 lbs. I'm hoping that I'll my dimensions will help too... this is all assuming I'll even make it outside.

im sorry dude but a 5'11 your gonna be spinning out more than a retard trying to ice skate